• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
well i checked my water and as i say it read0.25 in the ammonia
Your tank is still cycling, so you really should let it mature some more before adding anything else. Have you measured nitrite? I am sure it is high also. You may want to consider finding someone to hold the anemone for a month or two until your tank finishes cycling.

As for it's moving around, anemones do that. They are mobile creatures, usually when they find a good spot they will hang out there, but that still doesn't mean the placement is permanent. Every now and again they decide to go on walk-about, :banghead: .

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
347   0   0
Your tank is still cycling, so you really should let it mature some more before adding anything else. Have you measured nitrite? I am sure it is high also. You may want to consider finding someone to hold the anemone for a month or two until your tank finishes cycling.

As for it's moving around, anemones do that. They are mobile creatures, usually when they find a good spot they will hang out there, but that still doesn't mean the placement is permanent. Every now and again they decide to go on walk-about, :banghead: .

Nitrite question was answered earlier :eek::happysad:

duke62 said:
spec grav is 1.023 ph is 8.4 ammonia is a little high 0.25 nitrite is 0.00 high range nitrate is 0.00 alkalinity is 3.8 calcium is low 380 i just added some calcium 10 min ago and phosphate is 0.00

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
different readings

my r/o reads 0.50 and my tank now reads0.05 so my ammonia dropped a little in my tank over a 24 hr period im goin to change filter in r/o unit before i do next water change but obviously my filter is doin its job and ill cut the feedin down till i do the next water change and im lookin into what type of skimmer to get i do not want to break my tank down so im lookin into a hang on

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
my r/o reads 0.50 and my tank now reads0.05 so my ammonia dropped a little in my tank over a 24 hr period im goin to change filter in r/o unit before i do next water change but obviously my filter is doin its job and ill cut the feedin down till i do the next water change and im lookin into what type of skimmer to get i do not want to break my tank down so im lookin into a hang on

You're getting different results each test. Seriously change the test kit before doing anything. $20 for a good test kit is much cheaper than a new set of filters. Your canister filter won't do anything to reduce your ammonia and your tap water (forget the RO unit) shouldn't contain any ammonia. The test kit is bad.

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If the reagents in the kit are bad, you may get consistent but incorrect results. Tap water should not contain ammonia, RO should REALLY not contain ammonia and your tank's ammonia shouldn't drop that much overnight.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
found problem

the 15 gallon container i have r/o water is in a room where my cat litter is that reading was 1.0 now i took water straight from tubing and that shows no ammonia reading.so now i have to find a new spot for holding tank or cat litter

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: