• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Duke,

A little more info will greatly help.

• What size tank?
  • What kind of lighting?
  • What kind of anemone?
  • How long have you had the anemone?
  • What are yor water parameters? All your test results.
Basically, your anemone is moving around because it isn't happy. We need to figure out why.

Steven

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
347   0   0
i have a 75 gallon with a current orbit 4x65 watt dually with lunar lights i have had it in my tank for 1 week and all my water tests are perfect

What kind of anemone? That's very low light for most if not all anemones. It's probably moving around the tank in hopes of finding more light, which it can't find.

What are "Perfect levels"? And what test kits are you using?

-Kris

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
that really stinks

you know pet stores really need to help the consumer out when they are new to this sort of hobby and not take advantage.i asked the guy in pets warehouse if it was right for my setup and he said it was fine.every time i get something for my setup i ask questions and i only buy it if they say it is a good purchase for my tank.i am going to ask all of you guys from now on because you all seem a hell of a lot more noligable about the setups then thesupposed"professionals.thanks for all your help now what do i do about the light for my anenome i cant afford to buy another light for him so do i try to return or just watch him carefully

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
347   0   0
Again what kind of anemone is it? You could try to take it back for a refund or credit or sell it on the board depending on its health.

Most if not all the members on this board will tell you to NEVER trust what an LFS says. Of course there are exceptional LFS's out there who do actually know what they're talking about.

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
spec grav is 1.023 ph is 8.4 ammonia is a little high 0.25 nitrite is 0.00 high range nitrate is 0.00 alkalinity is 3.8 calcium is low 380 i just added some calcium 10 min ago and phosphate is 0.00

Ammonia can be a tough read depending on the test kits you're using, but anything above 0 is very bad. This could be an incorrect test result, or could come from overstocking your tank too quickly and not giving the denitrifing bacteria a chance to catch up. If you have a BTA, it may be ok in your tank with regular feeding, but any other anemone will need more light. (Even the BTA should have more light, but they're pretty hardy)

If it doesn't settle soon, or the color begins to fade, you may want to find it a new home in a more suitable tank.

Best of luck.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
well my ammonia has been like that for 1 month now before i had anything in really so maybe its the test i mean i do weekly water changes.the quality of my water is beautiful it always has been even when i got lazy and did not change my water for a month and a half.and the anenome is staying in a spot now behind the rocks where i can not see him even in the shadowswhich i find odd but its open and eating.i believe it is a bubble tip anenome but i will confirm tomorrow

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
347   0   0
You're water quality really can't be "beautiful" as you put it. You have ammonia and you should really find out where thats coming from cause it can be very detrimental to the health of your livestock. I wouldn't add anything else to the tank until you've taken care of that. After your cycle your ammonia days should be over.

As for the anemone going behind the rocks, thats never a good thing.

BTW if you can't see the anemone because its in the back of the tank how do you know its open and EATING?
-Kris

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
well i checked my water and as i say it read0.25 in the ammonia i did a 25% water change i put new pads in my filter then i waited 2 hrs checked again and it still read 0.25 nothing died and my filter is running good so i dont know .as for the anenome i can see him behind the tank .what i meant when i said i cant see him is from front view of the tank .but he did move again last night to the front of the tank

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You should test some of your RO/DI water for ammonia BEFORE you put it into the tank.

If your test kit still comes up at 0.25 ammonia, then you know you've got a bad kit.

If it comes up as zero, then you know you have a good kit, and you do have ammonia in your tank water. At that point, you can take agressive steps to fix the problem.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: