STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Don't bother

Lots of guys have had luck with supposedly reef safe angels. I've tried a bunch and they all have eaten or nipped at my corals. I love angels but for me they just don't work out. Maybe a wantabe or lamarks is next for me.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I say get it. I've kept them with no issues in a 65g mix reef.
My biggest issue with the current one that I have is that he is a bit aggressive and runs most every other fish in the tank. He is like the unofficial boss.

Sent from my SM-NCC-1701C using Tapatalk

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Try it get a small one let it grow into your tank (not sure if it helps but worked for me)
i have a flame (that is a angel ?? Very gentle minds his own business doesn't bother fish or coral)

Lamarks are good too very nice fish mine is for sale because im overstocked

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
it depends on the type of coral that you may have. They could nip at soft corals, zoas. It's the risk that you have. No angels are really "reef safe" so you do run the chance of them nipping at corals

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You never know. Have had supposed reef safe fish that nip, and supposed non-reef safe that didn't.

It's not a rule that is set in stone, more a guideline

Get them young, feed them well, hope for the best, and be prepared to act or sacrifice if things go bad.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: