Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've been reefing for about two years now. Started off small with a 29 gallon, moved onto 40 breeder and now I am looking to take the next step with an 80 gallon mixed reef.

Here is the build:

Deep Blue Reef Ready 80 Gallon Frag Tank (48X24X16) with 40 Breeder Sump
2 Kessil A360W-E LEDs with Spectral Controller
Reef Octopus Classic 150 INT Skimmer
Reef Octopus Varios-4 Return Pump
BRS Dual Media Reactor with MJ1200 Pump
Tunze Osmolator
2 Aqueon Pro 200 Heaters
Wavepoint Microsun 12" Refugium LED

40lbs dry Pukani
10lbs dry Tonga Shelf
10 lbs dry Tonga Branch
80lbs Arag-Alive Sand for a 3" sand bed

Stand and canopy will be custom made by yours truly.

What do you think?
Am I forgetting something?

lskywalker5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've never owned a kessil, but it seems like more of a spotlight then a light. I would swap that out for a nice ATI fixture :). What will you be running in the reactors? I would make sure to atleast scrub the dry rock before you add it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never owned a kessil, but it seems like more of a spotlight then a light. I would swap that out for a nice ATI fixture :). What will you be running in the reactors? I would make sure to atleast scrub the dry rock before you add it.

Well, I've seen Kessils in action and they can cover 24x24" area without a problem, when mounted high enough. They also give you an amazing shimmer, rivaled only by metal halides. Granted to get this coverage I'll have to hang them about 18" above the water surface and might have to compensate for lost intensity with T5's.

I'll be running carbon and GFO media in reactors.

Dry rock will be cured for 6 weeks, prior to tank cycle.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: