Cave Dweller

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So have a 75 FOWLR and a 12g nano that each have their share of CUC in them (mostly snails/hermits). In my 12g it's almost impossible for me to not see my hermits scurry across the sand or act out a scene from Cliffhanger on the rockwork and almost everyone finds them interesting.

Has anyone ever tried to make a "basic" setup with like a HOB/small canister filter with just some crabs or similar in there? Don't want to get a petshop hermit that isn't in the water a majority of the time and they appear to be quite high maintenance when it comes to food/environment (not that anything saltwater really isn't but you get the point).

With the $1/gallon sale running I figured maybe I would grab a 10g and try making some sort of small yet entertaining playground for our shelled friends. Anyone ever try it?

Cave Dweller

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Out of all people I should have know you to have a tank like this! (in a good way of course) Was this run independently from your other tanks? Want to keep it as kind of a dedicated tank (almost as a gift even as my mother-in-law finds them the most interesting). Figured mabye a little bit of a sand bed, some rocks etc for them to climb on and such, nothing crazy.

Any recommendations on simple lighting? Filtration? Feeding?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: