102.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 20170912_003946.jpg
    20170912_003946.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 186

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
U need to get them eating thats the best way if u take the sick fish out the tank you will still have ick and youll have 2 choice either let the ick die out in 2 to 3 weeks or Medicate the tank... what i did was go to the Grocery store get some garlic blended up put some mysis in it and soak it for a day then feed it to the fish once they start eating They will build-up immunity to the ick

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
If you want to try and eliminate ich completely from the system you're in for a lot of work. The system needs to be fallow for anywhere from 3-9 weeks. The longer the better the chance of not having it any longer.

In the meantime you'd have to treat the fish in a quarantine system and leave them there in the time being.

After they go back into the system beware that even frags and inverts can transfer the encrusted lifecycle of ich into your system. I had my system ich free for over a year then a couple days after adding frags several fish had ich on them. They're all still alive and fine and the only one that shows occasional spots is the Achilles but a healthy diet and clean water keeps things down.

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
U need to get them eating thats the best way if u take the sick fish out the tank you will still have ick and youll have 2 choice either let the ick die out in 2 to 3 weeks or Medicate the tank... what i did was go to the Grocery store get some garlic blended up put some mysis in it and soak it for a day then feed it to the fish once they start eating They will build-up immunity to the ick
a+1 its almost impossible to remove ick but if your fish are strong they will not get it. ps tangs are ick magnets. but you can get rid of ick just don't put any fish in it

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I recently got a yellow tang with ick the ick killed off my powder blue even thou the blue was eating I Decided to get the fresh garlic and blend it up with tank water and added mysis for a day or two.. the garlic helps their immune system plus keeps them eating so Eventually the ick will die off plus if you have a uv it will help alot i slowed mine down to 75gal to help kill it

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
a+1 its almost impossible to remove ick but if your fish are strong they will not get it. ps tangs are ick magnets. but you can get rid of ick just don't put any fish in it

It's NOT almost impossible to remove Ich.... Just don't introduce it to your System.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: