richiewwhite

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Today I picked up a pair of small clowns. black percs and though at the petstore they looked perfect and ate perfectly I noticed that one has a single white spot on his fin. I did not QT the fish since they are my only fish. I tried to catch him and take off the ich or freshwater dip them but they are quick and go right into the rocks. I have a treatment called SANO saltwater tank remedy and I have been feeding this antiparasite pellets. any idea of what I should do? I dont mind the ich if they live through it because then I wont have to really worry to much. what should I do? its only a single white spot on his fin. any help would be greatly appreciated

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I would stop tring to catch them ,that is only going to stress them out .

try using garlic extreme in the food ,let the food soak for while then rinse out a bit then feed ,you can also use selcon .

good luck
Ronen

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I would also not add any fish for while to your tank ,and when you do get more fish ,QT them :)

make sure you keep a close eye out on clown fish ,they also carry brooklynlla*

Ronen

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I would stop tring to catch them ,that is only going to stress them out .

try using garlic extreme in the food ,let the food soak for while then rinse out a bit then feed ,you can also use selcon .

good luck
Ronen

I agree, but next time if you see it at the store don't buy it and always always always QT, you don't have to keep the QT tank up forever just when you need it. a 10 gallon setup with a heater some pvc hiding spots a power head and if you want a power head for added circulation.

richiewwhite

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
i wrote that kind of wrong. I meant I didnt see it at the store and then when i got home i noticed it. I have been feeding them spectrum THERA+A anti parasite formula. and im going to be soaking some finely cut up shrimp and clams in garlic and try that.hopefully it will go away as they are very healthy and feed very good. Im going to keep my fingers crossed and see how it goes

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Good advice above. Just keep in mind that even though these are your first and only fish, if you do not QT and it is ick then your tank has ick and will continue to have it until you remove all fish from it for about 6 weeks. So even if you fish survive you will have a hard time adding new fish.

But it may not be ick. :knockedou One spot is not enough to make that determination.

If it is ick you are probably wasting your money on stuff that is supposed to get rid of it. If any one of them worked then ick would not be a problem.

richiewwhite

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I dont know if it was ich or not but it is GONE!!! :biggrin: I dosed for three days with that sano stuff. and have been feeding my own food with garlic and also feeding the antiparasite formula and whatever was on his fin is gone so i am happy and so are my clowns. I am still going to wait a few weeks before i add any live stock and this time i will QT them. thanks for your advice good call on the garlic

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ich, what is this Ich stuff? All my fish are healthy and they seem happy. Oh and every day they help pickup any excess salt that accumulates on the rocks with their bodies, then they swim around and help mix it back into the water :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: