• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

herpencounter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 50 breeders (bearded dragon tanks) and this would make a great aquarium.

I don’t like building tanks (they scare me)... I would only do it if you know exactly what to do (tank size, braces (I fink I speller dat rigtes), glass thickness, glue etc.).

cindre2000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really all depends what you are looking for. And aquarium is just a bucket or water, the equipment and livestock make it what it is. You just have to be realistic. You cannot expect to keep a lot of fish in a small tank. A small tank should emphasize a single fish species and carefully chosen nano sized corals. A larger aquarium can have several different fish and larger coral. A good sized aquarium will allow a whole new variety of fish and plenty of large coral.

You should sit down and figure out what sort of tank you want and then find the right size. It will be easier that way.

Don't be against buying a new tank.

toastii

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm

are you still using these tanks???

(why is it called a breederr--ive seen that a lot of places)

herpencounter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 50 breeders??? mine is a terrarium (with a hole in the bottom for cords no water for it lol).
But they make them to hold water to. :lol:

cindre2000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breeder implies it is longer and wider than other "standard" sizes, and therefore shorter. They are very good for people who are breeding fish where surface area is more important than hight.

toastii

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooh ok thank you!! i just wanted to know the diffence cuz i noticed a difference in dimension size....

*sigh* maybe i can take my friends bearded dragon tank when it dies....

gosh that thing has been alive forever... its old now/close to death.... has a swollen foot its funny actually (look not situation)

cindre2000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 gallon breeder is a really nice size. Go to a pet store and look at it. If you think about going bigger than a 30 that is the way to go.

toastii

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe my dad will buy me the tank once he sees how dedicated i am to my seahorses! (sry to bring that sore subject up again) hes paying me for every day they live after a week...:) i can do a week! hahaha. no but im very dedicated to my seahorses..... so m aybe he'll buy me a tank since he gave me the idea of starting another one! :twisted:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: