BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Been out of the scene for about 5 years. I used to use jaebo pumps as a decent simple powerhead. Are they still good or is there a better alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caseyoidae

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a jaboe return pump for 2 years now. Have had dosing pump(dp4) for 5 years. Not bad for the money. Also have a backup jaboe return just in case. Found best price on chewy.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Definitely.

They are cheap, work for a pretty long time before needing to replace and definitely wont hurt the bank while having "decent" features of bigger brands.

I have the return pump.

If I need a replacement, it wont break the bank and doesnt need to be feature rich to pump water into display. Has a slow start when powering back on and feed option while being able to control.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
for non essential water movement, jeboa can't be beat, good quality at a low price. If you want 99% reliable, excellent quality, that's going to cost 4X as much. I'd rather have 4 jeboas, rather than 1 gyre. Same principle applies to UV sterilizers and LED lights.

Brooklyn83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   1
I used that brand for years, they would always crap out within a year. I still used them until a few months ago when the power supply melted down and almost burned my house down. I went and purchased mp40s and apex wav.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I used that brand for years, they would always crap out within a year. I still used them until a few months ago when the power supply melted down and almost burned my house down. I went and purchased mp40s and apex wav.
Exactly. When I started with this hobby in France, there was a brand "Resun" which was making copies of Tunze and co. A friend of mine was a big advocate of them.... till his return pump burned and nuked his tank, along with a nice burn mark around the tank. Luckily he was home.

I just checked, Resun still exist, but are not as popular in Europe as they were 15 years ago.

Brooklyn83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   1
20200616_110508.jpg

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
unrelated, but I just cleaned my jebao wavemaker after 2 weeks of use... damn the flow difference is almost like im running a different pump. Guys clean your pumps often lol!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: