CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have an aquapod 24 w/ cf lighting and was thinking about switching to mh. i know i could go topless but i was wondering if there was a way i could keep the hood and upgrade my lighting

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
they have a cf upgrade kit that take 4 bulbs, i think 144 watts is this a good option or should i go with the mh. i have a very curious cat that likes to drink salt water. dont want him to fall in:tub:

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
I agree with Brandon if you want to upgrade, you need to take the hood off. Otherwise, going with a mod kit for your existing hood, your temp will be too hot. Most 24G Aquapod owners here on MR uses a 24" Current Sunpod 150W HQI Fixture. As for the cat.....let me think about that!!!!

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
they have a cf upgrade kit that take 4 bulbs, i think 144 watts is this a good option or should i go with the mh. i have a very curious cat that likes to drink salt water. dont want him to fall in:tub:

Depends on what you what you want to keep...SPS you will want the MH...the PC...even though 144W (don't trust this...144W can NEVER compete with 150W of MH or even T-5 for that matter)

-David

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: