iron_seraphim

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I was talking to my this guy who lives up the block from me. He is a huge reef guy, so he told me he was moving. So i asked what he was doing with his set up and he said he if I empty and move it he will give it to me for 200 dollars. I mean I had to basically clean his room but its fine. Ive always wanted to do a reef tank and now I have my shot. Its a 72 bow RR, with a lifereef vs3-36 protein skimmer. Its a closed loop system with a ocean motion 4 way. Its got 2 48 vho bulbs and i think 2 250 watt matal hallides. Its comes with all the ballasts and the whole 9. The only thing i didnt get was a sump and the pumps. But im happy either way. Here are some pics now all i have to do is figure out how im gonna set this thing up....

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
nice deal.

fyi: I'm not sure why that's in there but don't set it up with the egg crate on the bottom, it's a detritus trap.

iron_seraphim

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks fellas, Its kinda scary looking at it Ive only done a fish only, so I have a lot to learn slow and steady... Can anyone recommend a return pump for the ocean 4 way???

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
In your second picture the plumbing looks a bit messed up. From the top, the second and third fittings from the left are connected with no pump, sump, filter, skimmer, or anything in that line. Not sure what that does?

swimmer

iron_seraphim

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the plumbing it looks to me like a tube would go to the 4 motion and it looks like it might have 2 down pipes one through the back and one throw the durso stand pipe. Im gonna have to ask him because most of this stuff was disconnected when i got there.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
In your second picture the plumbing looks a bit messed up. From the top, the second and third fittings from the left are connected with no pump, sump, filter, skimmer, or anything in that line. Not sure what that does?

swimmer

I was looking at this too. The 2nd fitting looks to be returning to the tank, the 3rd "fitting" isn't actually a fitting but is actually a upside down U which goes to a union and then to the OM 4 way. He probably didn't have enough room to put a union, valve, and angle it to return, so he made a funky loop like that.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I was looking at this too. The 2nd fitting looks to be returning to the tank, the 3rd "fitting" isn't actually a fitting but is actually a upside down U which goes to a union and then to the OM 4 way. He probably didn't have enough room to put a union, valve, and angle it to return, so he made a funky loop like that.

I agree. I see it now. I think it's just the unattached plumbing finding a place to 'hang out' till reattached.

Good call ming.

swimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: