fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Right now I've been starting out my reef tank pretty slowly with some zoos and rics and now I think I want to start getting some LPS. I'm pretty my tank can support them, it's a 75 gal tank with 2x175w metal halides and 2x55w t-5s. So is there anything to keeping LPS? Do I have to feed them or anything or do they get most of their diet from light like softies? What are some easy to keep LPS? I really like brains and acans. any advice would be appreciated.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
you can house pretty much any lps you want.before u purchase any livestock do some research on the creature u are planning on housing.some lps u might have to spot feed and some u dont.also LPS dont get there food from light its the trace elements that are in ur tank.

Last edited:

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I really like acans, and starting to get into chalices. these two types bring so much color to any tank with the correct lighting.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
you can house pretty much any lps you want.before u purchase any livestock do some research on the creature u are planning on housing.some lps u might have to spot feed and some u dont.also softies dont get there food from light its the trace elements that are in ur tank.
Well I just thought that since softies are photosynthetic that they get most of their food from lights.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I have candycanes. They do not need to be fed but you can feed them when the lights are off and their feelers come out. They usually do not like strong light so you may have to put them in the lower portion of the tank. They do not like strong flow either. They are easy to keep.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: