Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Well how much off was it? you are paying for water weight as well how long did he said he had it and was it used on the bottom ?
I always do a mix of both i just bleach my rock and want to start off with white rock. Then i will seed it when i am ready. IMO Its all about cycle time as long as you like the shape of your rock its A.O.K

He said someone had it in a sump i wasn't satisfied with what i got next time i'll check the products carefully before i pay.Thanks everyone.
:tub:

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I bought some live rock from a member ... and the weight didn't add up either.When i complained they said [but you got it at a good price.]

That seems quite common in live rock sales between members as most do not have a scale when selling the rock and I have seem some estimate off by 40%.!!!? I think a lot of the seller do not even notice they do not have the right weight when they first got their stuff because they also based on an estimate from the previous owner who estimated when they sold the rocks.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I bought some live rock from a member there was mostly white rocks in the bottom of the bucket that didn't seem live INO. and the weight didn't add up either.When i complained they said [but you got it at a good price.]

This thread is getting way out of hand. I never told you "You got it for a good price".. Come on man keep it real... The rock was loaded with pods and came from a tank that had no light on it for months at a time... I even have some of it in my LE SPS system as we speak..

Your complaint to me was that it had no color.. My reponse was it had not been at the top of the pile in a low light (one pc strip)... I never sold it to you as "It has color on it rock"... You tried to make it seem like I sold you base rock which isn't the case... I myself am still looking for base rock..
You claimed you broke it open and it smelled dead...
If your going to try to make m e look bad at least tell the truth.. I even offered your money back and you didn't want it..

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The weight on the rock was dead on.. I weighed it out myself.. Oh and I forgot to add I've been doing this for a while.. I know the difference between dead and live rock...
He claims the rock was dead beacuse of the color...... Seriously,, color... And through out our conversation his story changed every other sentence...
And now that I haven't been here in a while I read the thread and now the weight on the rock was way off.

Truthfully I didn't need your money, I offered you money back, I have way more experience than you do and your guessing is killig me... Many people have bought things from me and know I know what I'm talking about...

This is just pathetic really... Another Newbie who read a couple of threads and now knows it all... Sorry just keepin it real... Very sad situation here..

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
this thread is getting way out of hand. I never told you "you got it for a good price".. Come on man keep it real... The rock was loaded with pods and came from a tank that had no light on it for months at a time... I even have some of it in my le sps system as we speak..

Your complaint to me was that it had no color.. My reponse was it had not been at the top of the pile in a low light (one pc strip)... I never sold it to you as "it has color on it rock"... You tried to make it seem like i sold you base rock which isn't the case... I myself am still looking for base rock..
You claimed you broke it open and it smelled dead...
If your going to try to make m e look bad at least tell the truth.. I even offered your money back and you didn't want it..
I still have it in my kitcken for a month when are you coming to get it .I never refuse $.All i'm asking for is other people opinions and maybe other NEWBIES can learn from my experience and i didn't even mentioned your name.

Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I mentioned my name because I have nothing to hide.. I can PP you the money whenever but the rock is fine..
Anyone with a little bit of knowledge on saltwater can tell you the answer to the dead rock versus live difference question and the answer is Ammonia,, which that rock never gave off any... I'm so tired of people who claim to know about this hobby and really don't know anything giving half ass advice just to make a buck.. and don't even make that much off of it...
I've been doing fish tank builds with no complaints for a while and it's my main source of income.. I own a couple cars, 2 homes, and vacation 12 times a year.. To question my knowledge is to question my livelyhood.. My knowledge of this hobby has done a lot for me, and to have some newbie throw dirt on my name.....You do the math I'm good at this thing we call a hobby..
Send me your PP address and please close this ridiculous thread...

Oh yeah, what's the complaint on the rock again?????

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I mentioned my name because I have nothing to hide.. I can PP you the money whenever but the rock is fine..
Anyone with a little bit of knowledge on saltwater can tell you the answer to the dead rock versus live difference question and the answer is Ammonia,, which that rock never gave off any... I'm so tired of people who claim to know about this hobby and really don't know anything giving half ass advice just to make a buck.. and don't even make that much off of it...
I've been doing fish tank builds with no complaints for a while and it's my main source of income.. I own a couple cars, 2 homes, and vacation 12 times a year.. To question my knowledge is to question my livelyhood.. My knowledge of this hobby has done a lot for me, and to have some newbie throw dirt on my name.....You do the math I'm good at this thing we call a hobby..
Send me your PP address and please close this ridiculous thread...

Oh yeah, what's the complaint on the rock again?????
Yes i may be all those things you mentioned but there is no need to catch a hissyfitt and i did not pay you with pp.I posted this thread so others can benefit.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Benefit from what?? I don't have the time to get out there anytime soon nor do I care to make the time... How many solid answers did you recieve about a question that half of the people reponding to it knew what you meant.. How can half a question benefit this community,,,seriously.. The rock gave off no ammonia or nitrite and had life on it..

Can you tell me how those factors right there can be called dead rock.. Please do yourself a favor and read a couple more threads,,,lmao.. Before you think you have half the knowledge I have obtained from actually living it..

If you can get one person with knowlegde to agree with you.... Feel free to leave a bad reefer rating,,,lmao.. Otherwise admit your wrong..

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
For the past 5 weeks no one may have benefited from this thread but after tonight i'm sure someone will.

Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
If your saying I sold you something bad... Try again.. 99.9% of the people who have bought from me are happy... I wouldn't even go so far as to say your 0.01%.. Because your wrong and not knowledgable at all.. People like you the community could really do with out..(people who claim to know a lot and really don't.. BOB OUT,,lol...

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
If your saying I sold you something bad... Try again.. 99.9% of the people who have bought from me are happy... I wouldn't even go so far as to say your 0.01%.. Because your wrong and not knowledgable at all.. People like you the community could really do with out..(people who claim to know a lot and really don't.. BOB OUT,,lol...
:splitspin

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Anyone agree with you yet....... Or even know what this thread is really about besides trying to bash me for rock that I still have in my tank, close too 3 month's now...
I think you get it but your playing hard ball i'm not trying to bash you i'ts not about how is right we can't all be right.I joined M.F.for the love and the passion for the hobby maybe that's all i have.But i will speak my mind .And whatever the case maybe i told you i was not satisfied with the product. Is this the way you treat the 0.01% of your customers? I guess we should be kicked out of the community yes.You say you have all that luxury but what about the people how don't have i wonder what would you do with them?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I am closing this thread as it is going nowhere especially since many of the posts were edited so much by the OP.
Please take your discussion to PM's gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: