• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
It depends on your system.

For instance, if you are trying to keep SPS and other corals that require low nutrient tanks, you will want to stock lightly. You might only want to add one more small fish to that tank. If you are planning to go fish only or LPS/Softie tank, you could add two or three more fish. It also depends on how often you change the water in your tank, whether you are running GAC and GFO and what kind of skimmer you have.

I strongly recommend the Scott Michael fish book. He goes through many of the main groups of fish and gives the minimum tank sizes. As a rule, the type of fish that could be kept in a 34 gallon aquarium include: most gobies, many smaller blennies, firefish, fairy wrasses, and basslets.

When I had a 29 gallon tank with mostly LPS and softies, I stocked it with a royal gramma, a tail spot blenny, a purple firefish, a clown fairy wrasse and one blue-green chromis.

chanman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
nothing in the aggressive category. must be small! maybe you should have a list of fishes YOU like and we'll tell ya if its safe or not.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
What's patience? Oh something I lack LOL

I am curious to know what you have in your setup. Even without pics. An equipment list and lbs./ Live Rock list is nice.

Also for a beginner I wouldn't push the number of fish I have in the tank.

Check some of these out though and take it slow.

- Royal Gramma aka Fairy Basslett
- Yellow Watchman Goby
- Tailspot Blenny
- Bicolor Blenny
- Firefish (both purple or regular)

FishyLovers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok ill go and hopefully get pics soon. ya i have an eheim canister filter, donno heater model, 30 lbs of ls 25 lbs of lr. These arent the best setup (getting skimmer soon) but my 2 clowns are still healthy, so i really dont see a prob. I was thinking a bangaii cardinal.

FishyLovers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
here are the pics, and my water is 1.024 salinity, the pH is 8.3 (just checked) nitrate and nitrate still 0. the temp is 82 degree f, and that is my most specific report. here are just taken pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 118

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Bottom Quote ............ I agree, what are the levels again and also you have pictures up but it looks like they were taken off of cragislist. Can you please post beter pictures and if so I will come over and tank them for you. Also from what i saw you need alot of live rock and you need up grade the filtration and buy a skimmer if you are going to think about adding more fish. :)

This is a nightmare waiting to happen. ................. Again!

Last edited:

darkdrako

Looks mean doesn't she!?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This is my 2 cents:
- add about 15 lbs of rock. Not all rock has the same density so you can have 2 rocks that weight 15lbs but do not have the same surface area for bacteria, pods, etc. Try to get smaller rocks to allow for the surface area and can help make your aquascape very interesting.
- lose the canister filter unless you are very diligent in making sure it is clean as these can become nitrate factories. An aquaclear hang-on-back filter can be good for mechanical filtration and can be used with polyfill to help take out additional food and other debris.
- A skimmer is not a requirement but they do help. I have seen and read about tanks of all sizes using and not using skimmers. Its kind of a judgement call on yourself.
- I would lower the temperature to about 78 or so. 82 is a little too high.
- Why have the water level below the rim of the tank?
- Take a picture of the tank with a piece of paper that says anthony27 so he can see it is your tank.
- take your time adding additional fish. as others have said before, research alot.

I haven't read through the other threads yet so sorry if I don't have all the information.

Sorry, as for fish suggestions:
-firefish (need more areas to hide for this fish as it likes to dart back into caves and such)
-watchman/neon gobies
-tailspot blenny (I've always wanted one)

Last edited:

FishyLovers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok when i have time on sun ill go out and try to do what darkdraco said, and why dont you belive it is my tank, if it wasnt mine i would make up random numbers like 98 degree water or salt water with the salinity of fresh water, take a pic off the internet photoshop it, and booit is a scam!! BUT I DIDN'T DO THAT!! i probably misread my reading in the first place. that made you think that this isnt my tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: