N

nycoralguy

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
to prevent problems, try to set up a 3-5 gallon quarantine, get some "Cured" liverock from a reputable LFS (just because it says cured, it dosn't mean is cured, find live rock from a established reef tank.) or from one of the reefers here, seriously, go SLOW, the faster you go, the harder you crash, very good idea with a skimmer, always go 1 size up.

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Most Gobies are a great avenue to look down, they are usually inexpensive, small, and very colorful. They also have great personalities. As with any fish you will be purchasing down the road be sure to get it/them from a repsectable business/vendor, be sure it is eating prepared foods, or if possible ask to see it fed. Many times new animals will starve because they are not properly weaned from food that occurs in nature to prepared foods.

Stay away from any Tangs, Angels, Anglers, Anthias, Batfish, Boxfish Butterflyfish, Damsels, Dragonets, Eels, Groupers, Foxface fish, Filefish, Hogfish, Lionfish, Pipes, Most Dottybacks, Puffers, Seahorses, Triggers, Most Wrasses.

You may also want to consider looking into Pseudochromis, Chromis, Gobies, Darfish, Blennies, and some Basslets.

Or my favorite nano fish, but I must warn you, very picky eater, Opossum Wrasse.

GrimReeferrr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Alot of people seem to be very concerned about the size of tanks people are keeping there fish in....so i wana run this by u guys. Im setting up a 180 gallon tank to house a single betta fish and a goldfish. I wana make sure this is ok.....PLZ help i dont wana harm these poor fishes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: