sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
yes i feel going against the grain is good the whole question authority type of attuide

Absolutely, question authority when its appropriate. But if your going to question authority, be prepared for resistance and the consequences and maybe earn the right to hold your head up while being humble while saying I told you so.
I don?t think its fair or right for any of us who have been in this hobby and earned our ?stripes? to completely squash new ideas and theory. it?s the people who walked alone and challenge the authority of the hobby and have come up with new ideas.

SWITCH420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lights play a big part in the color of corals i have seen scrubbers on heavy sps tanks and i do have a open mind I NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO STOP THERE SKIMMERS ect i researched scrubbers for almost a year so i did it just say whats happening

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
lights play a big part in the color of corals i have seen scrubbers on heavy sps tanks and i do have a open mind I NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO STOP THERE SKIMMERS ect i researched scrubbers for almost a year so i did it just say whats happening

I really would like to see a heavy sps tank with a turf scrubber and no skimmer.
So then the do your reporting and update posting. prove me and the other nay sayers wrong.
Good luck in your ventures.

SWITCH420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a few pics

Attachments

• UserJski711onRS-7.jpg
    UserJski711onRS-7.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 146
  • UserJski711onRS-9.jpg
    UserJski711onRS-9.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 140
  • UserJski711onRS-10.jpg
    UserJski711onRS-10.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 140
  • UserJski711onRS-11.jpg
    UserJski711onRS-11.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 141

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

I must say u shut me up with pics!!!!Looks great if it works for u thats all that matter... Is not what you have, how much u pay, what u read in 80 million sites, Is about the love and dedication u put to the hobby same goes for anything else in life you work hard and that hard work would pay off.

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ummm, You posted this today and then tonight you post pictures of some pretty decent sized SPS colonies. Nice try guy. :eek:

i think the pic are not of his tank but of a sps dom tank with a turf scrubber in respons to me asking for pic of said tank with no skimmer but a turf scrubber.
And as posted before, its enough to open my eyes and shut me up also:eek:.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Sorry, I thought you were trying to say that was your tank, which I guess it could be in time. I am not saying you are completely wrong, but I do not believe there is some giant multimillion dollar skimmer conspiracy going on. There are many ways to "skim" a cat my friend. (bad pun, sorry)

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ummm, You posted this today and then tonight you post pictures of some pretty decent sized SPS colonies. Nice try guy. :eek:
I resist a lot to new ideas, theories and additives when it comes to my tanks but good god man, try being a little supportive in a hobby full of speculation. Give the guy some credit or at least a break, we threw doubt and he had visual proof. Geez, tough crowd, is this Manhattan reefs or did I jump on reef central????
I can admit, I probably will be late getting in or on any new ideas until they show potential or have been proven in the beginning stages. To give up my skimmers is like a child giving up his wobbie or blanky it would be very hard. I may never give them up but I may start to seriously look into adding turf scrubbers a little more.

SWITCH420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol thanks sharkbait its all good i have thick skin people dont like change i do i like trying new things some work so dont but if u have to try first to find out thats all im doing and if people dont like who cares i dont

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I didn't read the post where you asked for photos, so yeah I jumped the gun but at no point have I said this guy is unequivocally wrong. I agree that people need to try new things, hell I am running skimmerless right now (although I do want one). As I said before, there is no "correct" way to do things, its for you and if you can discover something new that works, all the more power to you. As I said before Switch, I do wish you luck, and sorry I tried to call you out but I just saw the post of the nice SPS and assumed you were trying to pull a fast one. :eek:

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have a real job and because i question things im wrong wow who is acting like there shoe size i honestly am just looking expand my knowledge of reef keeping not fighting over it i never told anyone to remove there skimmers right and people are wondering like me i just had the balls to try it and it works so go fig? i learn stuff all the time about this hobby but u need a open mind

I have an open mind, and said that if it works for you go for it. You come over here and start telling people that they all wasted money on skimmers and don't expect backlash?

Bottom line is, skimmers work. They have worked for years. Turf scrubbers may work, but require additional maintenance that skimmers do not. This was all said earlier, and you kept saying that people were wasting money and should do things themselves.

There's nothing to keep an open mind about. I value my time, and don't mind spending money to get some of it back. I've already said this and you keep trying to say I'm wrong.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: