Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys! boy am i glad i found this community. i was looking around for a cheap skimmer for the new 30 im setting up and i stumbled across MR. Chraddam recommended i do a hello post so here it is. I only have a 10 gallon nano right now, its been a tough battle keeping the nitrates down, especially since i dont have a ro/di filter. i am currently a senior in high school so whatever money i get from allowance is it but money is money. no complaints here!

for some reason, i cant send personal messages but i can receive them. anyone know why?

hey guys! boy am i glad i found this community. i was looking around for a cheap skimmer for the new 30 im setting up and i stumbled across MR. Chraddam recommended i do a hello post so here it is. I only have a 10 gallon nano right now, its been a tough battle keeping the nitrates down, especially since i dont have a ro/di filter. i am currently a senior in high school so whatever money i get from allowance is it but money is money. no complaints here!

for some reason, i cant send personal messages but i can receive them. anyone know why?

Hey if you want I'll give you a Coralife 65 Super Skimmer for free if you still don't have one, don't mind helping someone who's in the same position I used to be in especially now that it's the holidays. It's not an amazing skimmer but it's a good starter and it'll get the job done. Let me know if you're interested and welcome to MR =)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh i'd definitely be interested in the coralife 65 but you'll probably have to teach me a few things about how to use it and whatnot. thanks a whole lot reefs4life. that just made it that much faster for me to get my 30 gallon on its feet.

since it IS the holiday season, i'm giving away a pistol shrimp and watchman goby. pickups only

Last edited:
oh i'd definitely be interested in the coralife 65 but you'll probably have to teach me a few things about how to use it and whatnot. thanks a whole lot reefs4life. that just made it that much faster for me to get my 30 gallon on its feet.

Oo no problem and yeah I'll be glad to teach you how to work it. You think you'll be able to come get it?

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Hey if you want I'll give you a Coralife 65 Super Skimmer for free if you still don't have one, don't mind helping someone who's in the same position I used to be in especially now that it's the holidays. It's not an amazing skimmer but it's a good starter and it'll get the job done. Let me know if you're interested and welcome to MR =)

Good job dude- I will throw in some frags too, once the tank is up and running.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i'll be able to come. google maps says its only a 20 minute drive. is sometime next week either in the afternoon or night time alright?

thanks reefs4life!
thanks chraddam!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 30 long. i have two t5 2x39 watt coming in the mail. i'm going to use some sand and LR from my 10 gallon so the cycle wont be as crazy. all i need is a bit more rock, base or dry idc, and im ready to go. i'll also be using my 10 gallon as the sump for my 30 until i get a 20 long for a sump/fuge.

i have a 30 long. i have two t5 2x39 watt coming in the mail. i'm going to use some sand and LR from my 10 gallon so the cycle wont be as crazy. all i need is a bit more rock, base or dry idc, and im ready to go. i'll also be using my 10 gallon as the sump for my 30 until i get a 20 long for a sump/fuge.

Hmm I gotta find a longer tube for the skimmer now so it'll be easier to use it in the sump. I could also give you a 70W Retro fit MH if you want, it has an ARO ballast, reflector which is so so, socket and a 15K bulb. But seems like you got most of the stuff so far to get it up and running. What kind of pump are you going to use as a return? And is this tank drilled or is it reef ready? Also don't forget to heat it

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i know a drilled tank is safer but I don have to drill my tank if I get an overflow box. im shopping for an overflow on the forums. still waiting for some ppl to reply but no rush. the sump can be added on later. Main thing is getting my tank cycle started!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: