Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a remora on my 55gal. I'm pretty happy with it. I've had it quite a few years...cost me about $120 at the time as I recall....its more now. The maxijet has to be replaced every 2-3 years, as it slows down, but I guess that is a powerhead rather than a skimmer problem.

XpectNoMercy

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hope you dont mind but i would like to jump in on this thread. My sea clone skimmer finally gave out so im looking for an upgrade.I have a 55 gallon as well with no sump trying to find a good HOB and couldnt find the dimensions on the Oct BH 2000 does anyone know? Thanx

XpectNoMercy

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok i found the specs
* Dimensions (including pump): 23"H x 10"L x 4"W Does anybody have any experience with this skimmer? From what ive read some say its a bit loud.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didn't like the remora. didn't skim much at all and sounded like that suction thing at the dentists office. 2 thumbs down. i'd go with the octopus HOB with the sicce pump.

miked

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have a Deltec MCE 600 that I bought used, upgraded from a Remora and it works awesome. I would highly recomend it..

Orca1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I used the Octopus 800s for a while, and it skimmed well. Micro bubbles out the a$$ though. It's also a little finicky to get started. It was somewhat loud too. My remora works well, but is also kinda loud. I put foam in one of the chambers & it helps a little. The Deltec is still the way to go. I've seen the results on a friends tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: