Hear is a picture it's a lot greener than the picture shows

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 242
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do u have a cleanup crew?? how long do u keep the lights on? you need to take care of the algae because once it takes over your tank it takes over, not sure of anything else u can do but i am sure someone else can help u more. how many gallons is your tank maybe u can get a tang to help battle the green

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 55 gal. I use RO. I have 2 tangs, 1 clown fish 3 fire fish, snails and crabs. 2 HOB filters. A few soft corals a koralia 3. My ligting is a 4 bulb T5. I keep the tank wiped down and I try to scrub the rocks. Do you think a phosphate reactor would help or maybe a blenny. The algae is not hairy, it's kind of slimy to the touch. Tank has been up for about 6 months. The lights are on for 10 hr

mcnuggget

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its micro green algea. its quite common for newly setup tanks with new rocks(ie mostly dead rocks). the algea is feeding off the nutrients,po4,no3,etc leaching out from the rocks. it looks like the middle section rocks r leaching more. that is why its always better to start out with good cred live rocks with plenty of coraline algea so that other algea will not get a footing on it.
depending on how well you keep your water par, your rocks green algea will either continue to get hairy or cease to exist and be replace with coraline. common color of coraline r purple,pink,red, orange.

your water is clear is probably cause u r using filter pads to filter your water. this may not be good for a reef tank. crystal clear water does not mean your par(ie-ca alk po4 no3,etc..) is good. get some good test kits to get a better idea of how your water is to avoid problems down the road.

btw: having the wrong spectrum of lighting will also promote that type of green algea.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rocks were previously treated with copper safe. Should I replace them. They were treated maybe two to three months ago. If I get new rocks will my tank cycle?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the link above it looks just like micro algae picture. Should I be alarmed? Since I got rid of my fluval and replaced it with a HOB it does seem to be getting better. A lot less shows up on my glass. I saw a big change over night.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: