motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
i like to start by making an # with the rocks(looking down at them from the top) as i stack the to start the base so theres open spots for water flow and fish.. so do a few // then on top go\\ if u understand what i mean.. its hard to explain.. honestly i know what im tanking abt.. lol do you? ha

CrazyD

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Motortrendz, you are funny. I get you tho. Rob told me the same thing but you guys make it sound easy. I just finished working on it and after a few hours here is what I came up with.:beer:

Attachments

• P1010465.jpg
    P1010465.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 88
  • P1010466.jpg
    P1010466.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 87

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
crazy d that looks good just leave it when u start adding corals and animals the aquascapeing will change trust me it going to go like this let me put this frag here and then every thing fall down and 4 hours latta before u take ur hands out the tank and it never like how it was before u touch any thing

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Beer? Someone said beer!....yea tomoro will be a good beer drinking day while me and jim attempt to reaseal my 125...if not goin for a 220 from reefcritters..but I know russ is rooting us on.. but enough abt beer, looks much better! Gonna look sweet with corals and a nicer light...lol nxt step haha

CrazyD

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hear you dubs and I can really see that happening. I think it will stay like that for now. It still has to cycle. This sure is fun tho.

@ aznt1217, You are right about the horror stories. Thanks for the tip.

I must again thank all of you following this thread for all your help and advise. You have made it a joy for the new guy that had nothing. Some even saved me some coin, you know who you are.

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
hey,
I know you are doing this one step at a time, but what do you plan to keep in that tank?
Nano-customs has 12 inch t-5's also have led lighting...just something to keep in mind.
I have done some crazy mods...that weren't room safe....so that is why i am throwing
products..

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
hey id never try to spend anyones money...lol i do a good enough spending mine.. thanks for the good wishes.. buuut on a side note the its hard to see the lighting u got goin on and itll depend on the type of fish/coral u plan on having will determine the proper lighting..

Last edited:

CrazyD

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Day 11 update

Hi again,

Wanted to post my test results.

Temp=78.5 - 80.?
Salinity=1.025
Ammonia= 0.25
High Range pH= 8.8
Nitrite= 0
Nitrate= 20

Test done with an API Saltwater master test kit. Going to try and get to Total Aquariums today and have them test it as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: