Status
Not open for further replies.

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
just finish helping one of my friends set up a salt water tank.he has had this one lil gold fish over 2 years now the gold fish does not grow he is about 2 to 3 inches his fish tank is gonna be a commuinty tank he was wondering if he can dump the gold fish in the salt water tank my advice was not to do it but he's not listen to me so my sec advice was to try n get the gold fish to adapt to the salt water i told him try adding salt lil by lil to his freash water tank see if the gold fish makes it and adapts to the salt water atleast give him a fighting chance b4 just dumping him in cuz i kno he will just die... any advice ...

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Why in the world would your friend want to try to convert a freshwater goldfish into a saltwater goldfish? With the extensive amount of beautiful saltwater(naturally saltwater) fish available hes going to put a goldfish through that stress and possibly kill it? Just plain silly in my eyes. Tell him to shower in saltwater, eat everything with loads of salt in it and wash it down with saltwater see how he feels.

Have heard you can with mollies like salty did but not with goldfish. Just wouldnt want to put a fish through that.

Did your friend consider taking him to the fish store- even if not for credit hell be put back into a freshwater tank and sold to someone that wants a goldfish?

Last edited:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
just finish helping one of my friends set up a salt water tank.he has had this one lil gold fish over 2 years now the gold fish does not grow he is about 2 to 3 inches his fish tank is gonna be a commuinty tank he was wondering if he can dump the gold fish in the salt water tank my advice was not to do it but he's not listen to me so my sec advice was to try n get the gold fish to adapt to the salt water i told him try adding salt lil by lil to his freash water tank see if the gold fish makes it and adapts to the salt water atleast give him a fighting chance b4 just dumping him in cuz i kno he will just die... any advice ...

Your friend+Your advice+salt water+goldfish=
istock_000000120640xsmalldeadgold_2.jpg

Any advice ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... sounds like you have everything under control. :)

(BTW this is a joke ... INNEED ... you and I and MR know that Goldfish has a one way ticket on the porcelain express.)

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This plea for help makes me want to do this...:banghead:. Perhaps this is all just a joke and INNEED actually would just like to see how many MR's get it. ...

nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow, INNEED, you SHOULDNT GIVE ANYONE ADVICE!!!! Your first thread consisted of a trigger, majestic angel and stingray in a 55 that was supposedly cycled with seahorses.
And now you have a friend trying to convert a goldfish (of all fish he couldve picked) to saltwater. If he's so attached to his goldfish, tell him to stay with fresh, and if he's gonna make the transfer tell him to FORGET EVERYTHING HE KNOWS, and listen to the MR Community. Tell him to create a screename, called MR GUINEAPIG, or NOT-INNEED. AND we will help him, if he's not gonna listen tell him atleast he can be a hero and "save his goldfish" (resting my fingers, and a long deep sigh)

nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
what if by majority vote we could get someone taken off our site, the first two times it was funny, but honestly this guy is gonna kill things without caring, and bringing in a friend without proper advice, is gonna double the effect..
SMH

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
lmao i luv mr.......who in the world would put a gold fish in a saltwater tank with so many fishes out there lol thats like comparing a honda against a benz.....but hey thats just him ill try to buy the damnnn gold fish of him and return it to a l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: