rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
If you plan to upgrade soon, I would not buy anything that isnt essential. Just use the setup you have now, learn the basics, water changes, lighting, feeding, etc...learn as much now so when you do an upgrade later you have more knowledge, and more money b/c you saved some.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
I'd settle for any job, There are NONE.

And no place sells RO/DI water near me, WTF?

post in a for sale section, there has to be a member near you. and if you're lucky, you might even get some for free.
i offer my ro/di and fresh saltwater for other members in an emergency all the time.
actually i should post a thread like that. i'll look into this.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to prepare some water than btw, I have some aiptasia on my rock, What can I do to get rid of it before it spreads probably going to rearange the rock tommorow during the WC (as I let it sit for 24 hours) because its really hanging on the wall and theirs like no flow back there.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
You have to make sure you get the WHOLE aptasia not just what you see sometimes the foot goes into the rock deeper than youd think- kalk paste on it- kalkwasser injection into the center down low into the foot with a syringe- joes juice. are a bunch of ways to get rid of them but do it fast they spread pretty rapidly- sometimes peppermint shrimp work but not all of them wind up eating the aptasia. Any other ideas anyone?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is Kalk and where can I get it? I rearranged the tank a bit and am probably going to rearange the rock, As I believe you said Jim it was a good idea to have room in the back and all the rocks are leaning on the back wall, I kinda did that for the fish to hide but, If its a good idea to move them forward I'll rearrange them. After the WC that is. I am also going to the fish store to pickup a Korolia powerhead (if they have em) and this "kalk" if they even have it.

I also don't know where they would sell "syringes"

I'm about to cut it off with a ******* scissor lol. There seems to be a little baby one next to it (on the same rock) so I need to do something before it spreads too far.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
kalkwasser you mix it with water- the kalk powder and water make kalkwasser(limewater) people dose it to keep their calcium up. If you mix it into a thick paste and put it on it- it basically burns the aptasia to death- if you mix kalkwasser thats liquid you draw it into a syringe and stick the syringe way down into the stem of the aptasia and it will kill it- can also buy joes juice- has a kit I believe that will supply you with everything you need to use it.

http://www.fishlore.com/aiptasia.htm

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: