SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
for the qt do i need to have a seperate filter set up or will it be ok if i just maintain water changes regularly

Get one of those crappy little airpump-driven sponge filters, run it in your sump for a couple days so it gets colonized by bacteria, and use that in the QT. Nitrate will build up, but it should take care of ammonia and nitrite.

Until that's ready, you can just use bigger water changes in the QT. If it's a mild case of ich it may just be better to leave the clown in the display until that's ready.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i checked and double checked my levels last night and today after work and everything seems normal (meaning temp 76, kH 10, ph 8.2, sg 1.022), the only thing i can think of to have stressed the fish was i added some base rock last weekend. i had to move everything around which probably freaked him out a bit. im gonna set up a qt tank tomorrow and remove all the fish and also look into getting a neon goby (is it okay to house more than one or will they fight amongst themselves?)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: