Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
i keep missing the opportunity to get into these group buy is there any one contemplating one of these group buys in Westchester would be nice but not necessary
i would like to read some feed back from those of you that just bought from the group buy from nyfireman3097 as to your results or is it to early yet for result

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I have used them before. They are the only way to get rid of aiptasia if you have a big outbreak. If u hve one or two, just use something like joes juice. But if you have a about 100 like I did. These lil guys will do the trick. Two nudis cleared out my whole outbreak in a few weeks. Never seen the nudis or aptasia ever again!

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Yea. Only two. I had a small tank (10gal) but I let the aiptasia grow out of hand. I must have had 100 plus in my lil tank. The nudis don't mess with any corals other than these aiptasia. Once all the aptasia are gone. They will starve and die. They were the size of a grain of rice. At first I thought spending 100 was crazy and didn't think it would work but like I said. I have never had another in my tank. It must have been 2 years. I think there's a vendor here that has them in stock. Diamonds of the reef/sea. Check them out

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
i tried but Dom was out of them , so I'm still in search of them, the tanks i want to put them in is 70 gal with a lot of rock . the aptasia that i have i keep on them with aptasia x from red sea it seem to take care of them but others return. i swear I'll never buy another dirty rock . can they be remove once you put them in the tank? and how big did they get once they ate all the aptasia ?

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
trying to see if we can get a group buy to save on shipping
when i get them i think I'm going to put them into a 10 gal tank and feed them aptasia till they get big enough that my Spotted Mandarin , Red Mandarin ,Wrasse wont eat them

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
thanks jimmy quick question that you may have the answer . being a newbie can i run a thread to do a group buy or not allowed. not that i have people to do a group buy but i was wondering if i was allowed.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I dont see why not--nikki did one for reef sleeves dont see why you cant do one for berghias. The group buy wont have the boards name on it- its just a group of people that get together- is like you already know basically to save on shipping- see if you can get the company to give a group discount or not- get all the info together and throw up a thread and if a bunch of people are interested then order them. If not order some for yourself. Your a member you should be able to run a thread on whatever you want to put out there(except prostitution) lol

If your worried pm a mod and ask if they give you the blessing then explain to the pace your planning on doing the buy with that you guys are from a NY based reef site and so on.

Mods are
deanos
kathyc
marrone
bad coffee
nanoreefer22
chiefmcfuz

Any of them will answer the questions you have

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: