Hoolio521

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ! Thinking of setting up a 7.5 gallon Mr.Aqua cube for my birthday. I plan on keeping it pretty simple in there. Maybe some inverts (shrimp, crabs, etc) a clown fish or two and some corals (zoas, mushrooms, xenias). Nothign too fancy. I plan on getting the 12 inch LED Power Bright Lights. Figure with the tank only 12 inches deep that should get the job done.

Wondering what I should do for filters / protein skimmers. For a tank that small are there any good combos?

I saw there was the Taam Rio Nano Protein Skimmer (which i think is a combo) but that got pretty mixed reviews.

Then there was the Rena 20 which got pretty good reviews but looked like it was bigger and might take up a lot of tank space.

If anyone has any suggestsions on equiptment and what kind of powerhead to get (thinking a mini koralia) that would be awesome. Thanks in advance

chuck116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
We have an 8 gallon biocube and the koralia nanl
o works well. Not sure about the other equipment you asked about good luck with your new tank.

Chuck & Anna maria

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
The koralia nano would be a good choice (though if your funds aren't limited, you could spring for an MP10.) As far as the skimmer goes though, the tank is small enough that you could just do weekly water changes instead and not fuss with it :)

Hoolio521

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I go for some type of power filter though? Like a hang on the back type model like the Rena 20? Should I get a smaller filter? Any suggestions would be great

meherbas

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
well in most of my tanks i hava the aqua clear power heads and they do jhust fine and i use the flows from the hob filters. well as for the taam rio it worked moderately good it does a average job the only bad side the impeller is kinda flimsy and i broke mine :( . stick with a aquaclear diy fuge have those on most of my nanos and it does the job perfect.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: