devilreefing

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hi every one i am new to the diy led light so can some one help me thanks. I get 6 Luxeon III led light (royal Blue) and 6 Luxeon Luxeon III (Blue) led.The leds is 3w each.

I have two wired 700ma buck puck one of them with dimming pot.

I try to light up the led 2night with my dc power supply but it wont work?

the dc power supply wired ---> buck puck ---> to led and i am sure i didnt wired wrong the dc power supply input is 100-240v -1.5a Output 15v - 4a. it is the power supply is too small for the led light? Or It is 24vdc 2.5a 60-watt power supply is better for the led can some one help me plase thanks

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi every one i am new to the diy led light so can some one help me thanks. I get 6 Luxeon III led light (royal Blue) and 6 Luxeon Luxeon III (Blue) led.The leds is 3w each.

I have two wired 700ma buck puck one of them with dimming pot.

I try to light up the led 2night with my dc power supply but it wont work?

the dc power supply wired ---> buck puck ---> to led and i am sure i didnt wired wrong the dc power supply input is 100-240v -1.5a Output 15v - 4a. it is the power supply is too small for the led light? Or It is 24vdc 2.5a 60-watt power supply is better for the led can some one help me plase thanks

15Vdc output from your power supply is not enough. Your 6 led string will need between 20-24V.

devilreefing

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
but it is the 15vdc power supply is good for just one leds I try it lastnight one by one 6 of the led only one will light up and I didn't put the led on my heatsink yet and I didn't wired them together yet help

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
There could a number of reasons but the easist way to test leds is to use a LED testor if you can get one.

Are your LEDs on a small star heat sink, if so testing them using your method will not burn them unless you let it on for a long time.

Did you check whether you have good contacts on your LED when testing, sometimes oxidation on the contacts may hinder the conductivity of the circuit.

Is your adapter outputing 15v DC or 15ac?

So right now you are doing one power cord, right?

If you are considering switching to another power supply, you should consider switch to 2 power supply/constant current driver combo so that you can use 2 timers.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: