ericcarlsoc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 155 gallon bow front aquarium. i was thinking about having 2- 3 tangs yellow tang, purple tang, and a white mouth powder tang. and add like 2 3 inch clown fish 1 cardinal fish and 2 3 inch damsels

i would really need help on the set up of the fish this would be a reef tank.

do i need less fish or can i put more then this in my 155 gallon bow front aquarium
can i put 3 8 inch max size tangs
can i put 2 3 inch max size clownfish
can i put 1 cardinal fish
can i put 2 3 inch max size damsels
hope to here from some one soon
thanks

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The yellow and purple are both zebramosa tangs so there is a chance they won't get along. You might have better luck choosing one from each genus.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
i was thinking about having 2- 3 tangs yellow tang, purple tang, and a white mouth powder tang. and add like 2 3 inch clown fish and 1 4 inch Flame Angelfish and 1 cardinal fish.
start with the tangs as small as possible, and they should probably be added at the same time, to prevent aggression. two 3"clowns may be a problem, if they're both female, so at least 1 of them should be small(er). Very rare to find a 4" flame angel.
7 fish in a 155g should be no problem. I have about 60 fish, 10 of them are tangs in my 450g...2 of them are purples and 1 is a yellow. They were added at the same time and get along great. check out the video on my tank thread.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: