So Just Showing Everyone My Progress So Far On My 55 Gallon

live rock

Natures ocean live sand

cpr backpack skimmer

aquaclear 70 with only biomax and sponge

magnum 350 canister filter with Boyd Chemi-Pure

300watt heater

petco powerhead for now until i order some Koralia powerheads

Didnt Get A Chance to go buy a new light fixture so still running a basic light with a t5 50/50 bulb

best light to get for around 200$?
Besides a uv sterilzer what else should i get/need?

not really trying to get a sump

I only have a chocolate chip starfish

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 341

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I agree that you can skip the UV light, it is not as necessity for a reef tank.

Best to look in our Marketplace in the For Sale section for folks selling off used equipment , there are quite a few lights posted in there!

You can also put up a Want To Buy thread for the light and powerheads you want.

The Chocolate Chip starfish you have in there is NOT reef-safe. It will eat any corals you add :(

Quick question about your avatar - do you work for the MTA or simply live in the area? Just being nosey..lol

Tank looks good so far! :) How long has it been set up for?

TaboutMoney

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that you can skip the UV light, it is not as necessity for a reef tank.

Best to look in our Marketplace in the For Sale section for folks selling off used equipment , there are quite a few lights posted in there!

You can also put up a Want To Buy thread for the light and powerheads you want.

The Chocolate Chip starfish you have in there is NOT reef-safe. It will eat any corals you add :(

Quick question about your avatar - do you work for the MTA or simply live in the area? Just being nosey..lol

Tank looks good so far! :) How long has it been set up for?

what powerheads do i need for my size tank?

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Plus one on starfish not reef safe. Depending on what coral you will want to keep will determine the amount of flow. So many powerhead to choose from.Also you might want to consider going with a sump. I know you said you didn't want one. It's the way to go tho.

TaboutMoney

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus one on starfish not reef safe. Depending on what coral you will want to keep will determine the amount of flow. So many powerhead to choose from.Also you might want to consider going with a sump. I know you said you didn't want one. It's the way to go tho.

a extra tank for sump isnt really a problem just running the pipes look like such a hassle :irked:

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Worth the hassle. I'm sure there is someone in this forum close to you that will be able to if you help. All you need to do is ask. a lot of queens people here.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
best power head for the money are the tunze 6025's 625gph and with a 2 minute mod can turn them into 1100gph plus u can aim them and they are pretty small usually around $70 new apiece so 2 of those

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: