• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well im not gonna leave... just got mad... im gonna do a water change... everything is fine... fir fish looks happy... corals all fine.. leather not open but it will soon as it adjusts... gonna do water change... i tested the ammonia of the mixed water and it read 0 kinda... hard to tell but clostest match is 0

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Nano, for the positives, 1. you seem to be testing a lot. Well, really 1 but my point is, Keep testing and keep reading and don't add anything else to your tank for a bit. Just chill and gain knowledge first. Not by asking questions first... read, read then read some more. I don't care if it is books or forums but just check several sources first before you ask a question. Ya digg?

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
plus another reason u should take it slow, is cause ur tank is small, 10gs isnt much so any parameters even slightly off and the repercussions are much worse. u dont have the wiggle room that comes with having a larger tank. (not bashing ur tank size.)

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano, for the positives, 1. you seem to be testing a lot. Well, really 1 but my point is, Keep testing and keep reading and don't add anything else to your tank for a bit. Just chill and gain knowledge first. Not by asking questions first... read, read then read some more. I don't care if it is books or forums but just check several sources first before you ask a question. Ya digg?

i digg =). i swear this time im not going to add anything =).. ill let everyone know how the water change went...im sure everything will be fine

125reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
nano little personal question.how old r u.all combined with all the people who rely to your threads is prob close to 50 years expierence.no one here is trying to sell u anything everone is trying there hardest to get through to u.i hated to listen to the people who were teaching me(mostly my father) but i did and a decade later i have 2 setups that im proud of and i thank everyone who helped me.there are people gettin annoyed that u do whatever you want prob because of your age so we need to understand that.dont be a fool and waste the money.and dont waste the lives of the livestock.

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper contamination???

Says who, based on what tests as I see none ?

i had mixed earlier 2 days ago had ammonia in it for some reason

Almost all fresh salt mixes have ammonia, due to the components of the salt mix, ~ 0.15 ppm, which is no issue in a established tank or during a acclimation drip process. However, for your tank it may have been a big issue and why things looked bad but seemed to work their way out of it, we hope.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: