Rating - 95%
38   2   0
NanoPerson67
user_offline.gif

Last Activity: Yesterday 11:59 AM

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
No, ideally you should not feed FW food to SW fish, though it won't really harm them but it will be missing some of the essential additives (minerals, vitamins) and other ingredients that are more beneficial to the health of your SW fish.

In a pinch, it would be ok for limited feedings until you purchase the SW appropriate food.

Next - it would be extremely unusual for a SW fish to develop a fungus due to the high concentration of salt in the water of a SW tank.
Can you post a pic of what is going on with your fish so we may attempt to identify the issue.

Additionally, since we don't know what is wrong with your fish, obviously we cannot tell you if ingesting any of the water from the tank could harm you in any way. If you do not feel well, best to check with a medical professional.
Can we assume you didn't swallow the tank water?

As mentioned in an earlier post, either buy a pump to to your water changes (this is what is commonly done), or if you prefer to continue using the 'manual' method, DO submerge the hose, put a finger over each end, and then bring one end over the edge of the tank and remove your finger once you have it directed toward a vessel (to catch the water you are taking out) and allow the siphon to begin.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
This whole thread is too easy and I am on a huge gentleman streak LOL. I think everyone gets a lil water in their mouth here and their using a hand siphon..the water gets too low the hose is too short to do the other method so you did the logical thing. You can definitely not feel well afterwards get reef sleeves the arm length gloves I got mine from salt water critters they're under $20. I say this because it is also possible to get skin rashes as well. If you do get water in your mouth again do as someone suggested rinse w/ some mouth wash or peroxide..unless you're dead in which case it does not matter now does it? R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: