• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can u feed tropical fish food to saltwaterfish?? i have tropical fish food but i dont know if i can feed it... im gonna go buy some saltwaterfish food for tommrow but for today i was wodering if it would do any damage? my fish has mouth fungus.. i dont know how to treat it except that i just did a water change.. o and IMPORTANT:::: i used my mouth to create a sucktion from the tank into the pipe for cleaning.. the saltwater water got into my mouth... i tried my best not to let any inside.. the bad part is my fish has mouth fun gus /cotton mouth.. could anything happen to me?? i dont think i swallowed any

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sorry to tell you... You're going to die.

Someday...

You should try to avoid getting saltwater in your mouth. Either start the siphon by filling the hose completely and keep your thumbs on the end while moving an end towards a bucket, or you can get an auto siphon starter. Odds are you'll be fine, but there are some toxins that can be found in our tanks that can be serious. You're not going to end up with trench mouth from your fish, but stop drinking your tank water.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
you might wake up with mouth fungus also...if wake up with a white ring around your lips u know why....j/k that happen to everyone at some time think about it you ever swallowed water at the beach which has worst things in the water at least no one use using the bathroom in the water besides your fish...but if u wake up with a ring around your lip just splash FURAN2 on your face...again j/k...

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
You'll more likely end up getting diarrhea if you drink too much saltwater causing you to be dehydrated. If that happens, just drink regular water to rehydrate yourself :)

Leave the saltwater for the fish instead next time!

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
You may have caught a common but terminal condition that is very serious.

It is characterized by the need to live in close proximity to saltwater fish tanks. The affliction waxes and wanes gradually by capacity.
Some people have a much more aggressive type that results in the form of elephantitis.

You need to immediately run out to your LFS for a cure.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
i used my mouth to create a sucktion from the tank into the pipe for cleaning..
Still having trouble processing exactly what you were doing... a pretty bad idea, regardless. Getting tank water in your mouth is a decidedly bad practice by anyone's standards :(

Not sure if Chief was being serious, but I don't completely disagree... I would be surprised to find out that Clown Fish diseases are transferable to humans, but there is a ton of other **** in there that you do not want to ingest. If you feel fine, great, but please don't go swallowing tank water in the future. Seriously... just... don't.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure everyone has swallowed saltwater many times at the beach or doing water changes and still here. But then again if you died from that you couldn't come here to warn about the perils.

Seriously, if you're not downing it like a beer funnel you'd need not be worried unless you put other chemicals in there to treat the fish otherwise a rinse with clean freshwater should be fine.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
help.gif
can i get sick???
GET ! sick!...Man, with the exception of JAA, you're probably the sickest MFer, here!

:tongueani:tongueani:tongueani:tongueani:tongueani:tongueani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: