OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
For the bulk reef supply dual reactor... i use a maxijet 1200... the issue with the carbon in the second reactor is you have to push the middle sponge down onto the carbon because if you leave it all the way up some carbon particles will float to the top of the sponge. I've been running it a week now with the maxijet 1200 and flow HAS NOT decreased and i have the valve throttled back to the 1:00 O'clock posititon. Not sure why you guys are having an issue.... maybe time will tell on mine?? Who knows... Good Luck RaysReef!!

waynotcars

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Today I took my BR Dual Reactor, removed the top bracket and removed the fitting that feed water from first to second chamber. I then added an outflow hose to each reactor and cut the top bracket in half. In effect, I made two single reactors out of the dual. As a metter of fact, the dual reactor is nothing more then 2 singles hooked together with a fitting. I then gave each reactor it's own maxijet 600 and the flow is awesome. The GFO is tumbling at top and the flow thru carbon is beautiful. This leads me to believe that a dual reactor is not able to be controlled effectively and two singles is definately the way to go BUT by buying this dual and making them 2 singles i saved a lot of money as a dual is way cheaper then 2 singles.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
waynotcars said:
Today I took my BR Dual Reactor, removed the top bracket and removed the fitting that feed water from first to second chamber. I then added an outflow hose to each reactor and cut the top bracket in half. In effect, I made two single reactors out of the dual. As a metter of fact, the dual reactor is nothing more then 2 singles hooked together with a fitting. I then gave each reactor it's own maxijet 600 and the flow is awesome. The GFO is tumbling at top and the flow thru carbon is beautiful. This leads me to believe that a dual reactor is not able to be controlled effectively and two singles is definately the way to go BUT by buying this dual and making them 2 singles i saved a lot of money as a dual is way cheaper then 2 singles.

I'm buying one asap since I saw ur diy on this ,, u made my mind up ,,thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
For the bulk reef supply dual reactor... i use a maxijet 1200... the issue with the carbon in the second reactor is you have to push the middle sponge down onto the carbon because if you leave it all the way up some carbon particles will float to the top of the sponge. I've been running it a week now with the maxijet 1200 and flow HAS NOT decreased and i have the valve throttled back to the 1:00 O'clock posititon. Not sure why you guys are having an issue.... maybe time will tell on mine?? Who knows... Good Luck RaysReef!!

+1

I've been using my BRS dual reactor for about 9 months and haven't had a problem with it. I also us a small filter sock on the effluent side to catch any particles of carbon or GFO that find it's way past the sponges.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: