Auto-Top-Off Solutions - Page 3 - Reefs.com

Home  / Forums  / Global Forums  / Reefs for Beginners  /  Auto-Top-Off Solutions
Fish and Coral Killer
02-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Albert, not if you pre-mix kalk in the holding reservoir. The water will stay pretty saturated with Ca and Alk once it is mixed per tests ran by Randy on RC.

02-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_reef
The water will stay pretty saturated with Ca and Alk once it is mixed per tests ran by Randy on RC.
Just make sure the reservoir is covered. Access to CO2 will reduce the effectiveness of the kalk over time.

ReefsMagazine!
02-03-2006, 12:06 PM
I use a system like reefomans and cali's

I have a double float switch in the sump.

the bottom float switch sends water to the sump, the top float switch is a shut off switch in case the bottom one gets stuck.

the float switches are hooked to two soleniods which when open let in ro/di water from the filter directley. I have a four gallon holding tank for the RO water. when the float switch's activate the tank pressure sends water through the DI filter and goes into the sump.

This is the best thing I have done for the tank, and my apartment.
I have no large resevior sitting in the living room, and the tank is always getting fresh RO/DI water

my system,

www.saltwatercritters.com
02-03-2006, 12:14 PM
jh, I'd expect nothing less from you. That looks awesome.

The redundancy I have with my digital time has afforded me peace of mind as well.

Russ