DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Flatwork exit does not work to treat them. I treated the tank using the dosing instructions of treat wait a week treat. Didn't work. Then I treated a stronger dose waited 3 days, dosed, 3 days, dosed. Thought it worked! NOPE!!!! Just found one and I'm so pissed. :irked:

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
dude your :bunnies:
text me tomm
you sure its
Zoa eating nudis ?
monti eatting nudis will not die with not treatment you sure it Zoa eating nudis ?
i stop by this week if you want grab one of them for me

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I only find them on my zoas. They are the color of whatever zoa they are on. They look identicle to pics online. I've seen the spiral eggs on the zoas. I am pretty sure thats what they were. It seems to get cleared up for a month and then boom zoas start closing and a few days later large nudis are visible. I know it takes a little while for the eggs to hatch and that is why multiple treatments are done, but FML this is BS!!!! Before the last dose I took a cup with 3 nudis in it and dropped a bunch of FWE in there and they didn't explode like the videos I've seen. Nothing really happened. Maybe the FWE is a bad batch???

So frustrating!!!!! Lost my 10 head purple hornet a few nights ago along with a bunch of others through this whole process!!!!! Someone told me mandarins might eat them? does that have any truth to it?

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I have never heard that Salifert Flat Worm Exit will kill nudis. The only thing that works is manual removal of any and all infected colonies, then do a long dip in your coral cleaner dip of choice (I like revive), and careful inspection of all polyps to remove any eggs by hand (I would suggest a very small scissor or small pointed object).

Who told you to use FWE on these?

Out of curiosity, did you get these after buying zoas in a store that ran a special on zoa frags? If so, did the store even offer to do a quick coral cleaner dip for you?

Last edited:

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
do a goggle sharch you will find it i promoise you :tongue1:
I have never heard that Salifert Flat Worm Exit will kill nudis. The only thing that works is manual removal of any and all infected colonies, then do a long dip in your coral cleaner dip of choice (I like revive), and careful inspection of all polyps to remove any eggs by hand (I would suggest a very small scissor or small pointed object).

Out of curiosity, did you get these after buying zoas in a store that ran a special on zoa frags? If so, did the store even offer to do a quick coral cleaner dip for you?

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
i did it for you buddy
http://zomania.com/index.php?main_page=page_3
http://www.practicalcoralfarming.com/zoonudis.html

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/resources.asp?show=15if
if you need need more let me know buddy

Cherrycorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Google levamisole, it is readily available online. It makes nudi's of all types fall apart like cotten candy in warm water.

It of course kills all worms and most every pod so there is a downside.

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks for the help, I read a lot before dosing and I've been to a few of the sites that were pointed out already during that time because I didn't want to nuke the tank. It says all over the internet that FWE works, but obviously it didn't. I'm starting to think it might've been a bad batch. Thanks for all the suggestions, I don't want to waste more money if it doesn't work again, but I might just buy another FWE and try again. Levamisole sounds interesting and I'll read up on it, but I don't want to kill off a ton of **** in my tank if I don't need to.

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
a good dip in melafix nukes them too but the trick with any dip is too dip every 4 days or so otherwise you never break the egg cycle. Also, look in at night with a flashlight and pull any out you see with tweezers or suck out with turkey baster, that way you can dwindle as many breeding adults as possible

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: