Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
You may regret putting the damelfish in there. They get very territorial and aggressive and they will snap at other fish.

Unless you really like them, I would consider getting them out now while you still can.
Blue green chromis are the most mellow type of damsel, interesting to watch and easy to keep. if you are interested.

cjosephson66

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may regret putting the damelfish in there. They get very territorial and aggressive and they will snap at other fish.

Unless you really like them, I would consider getting them out now while you still can.
Blue green chromis are the most mellow type of damsel, interesting to watch and easy to keep. if you are interested.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate your expertise since I'm new at this. They are the only fish that I am going to keep in my tank for now. My son LOVES starfish so we're going to get a couple of them for the tank along with the cleaner invertebrates. We mostly got the tank for starfish but our local dealer suggested getting fish, as well as other invertebrates. The damsels seem to be getting along and are not chasing each other out of the live rock. If they do start getting aggressive towards each other I will have them removed. I have a blue one with a yellow tail, an all blue one, one that looks white but changes colors to a blueish green and one black/white stripped. They are pretty cool to watch because they follow me when I go into my son's room.

The only thing I am not sure about getting is coral because some starfish eat them. I just have to figure out what coral or marine plants can stay in the tank with starfish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: