Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
it wasnt an official recall they just said they found out a problem with the pumps since so many people sent them back so they will send free ones to whoever has it and it doesnt work. so like it wasnt a serious issue that it needed a recall its just that some have problems but they fix it for free if its the model that had problems.
were you even informed of a recall??? In an event of a recall they have to send you and email stating that. I'm surprised you had to call and find out.

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
AJ, just a thought but did you clean out the volute and air intake on the pump, a lot of salt builds up within the nipple of the air intake of the pump this will also cause your problem. And make doubly sure there are no restrictions in the air silencer and hose.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
yep i even ran some ro water through the air intake tube to rinse it out.
AJ, just a thought but did you clean out the volute and air intake on the pump, a lot of salt builds up within the nipple of the air intake of the pump this will also cause your problem. And make doubly sure there are no restrictions in the air silencer and hose.

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Did you stick a small screwdriver down the air intake nipple on the pump? Unscrew the nipple end and run something down the nipple and check the inside.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
no i just put the water through it but i was just thinking about it and i was getting more air then water and thats what was causing it to overflow because if i cover the whole air intake the water level is fine but once i add air the bubbles start going up to the top and its not like regular skimmer bubbles they were very big like ive never seen a skimmer make bubbles that big before and it was just going over the top all day for the 3 weeks i had it running and i stopped touching it for like 3 days and it wouldn't stop so i called them and they said there was something wrong with the pump so i guess thats what was causing the problem.
Did you stick a small screwdriver down the air intake nipple on the pump? Unscrew the nipple end and run something down the nipple and check the inside.

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
What you're describing doesn't sound right, covering the air intake will make the water level within the skimmer to rise causing it to overflow.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i dont know how to describe it but yes the water level rised when i covered the air intake but it didnt overflow it just went out the valve that was completely open. now when i uncovered the air tube the water level would lower and the bubbles would be made so quickly they wouldnt go out of the valve just the water would and the bubble just kept going upwards. when i called up they said there was a timing issue with the pump and thats what caused this because the bushing as Russ said cracked and i guess the impeller was going side to side and pulling in more air then water because this never happened in my old sump just when i transferred it i guess all the moving started with the issue that the pump was recalled for and it because very loud and would overflow so i knew something was wrong.
What you're describing doesn't sound right, covering the air intake will make the water level within the skimmer to rise causing it to overflow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: