F22

Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm working on a marine vivarium, open top, plants growing above water with coral below the water line, I want a swamp sort of look to it.

My question is:
do you think a big piece of driftwood would fall apart with the salt water?

thanks
Mike

F22

Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
look pal, i asked a question, not opened the door to take... that the point of a forum... clearly you don't grasp that... people try different things...

they were right about this forum, you guys are a bunch of a holes... peace.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
look pal, i asked a question, not opened the door to take... that the point of a forum... clearly you don't grasp that... people try different things...

they were right about this forum, you guys are a bunch of a holes... peace.

Hahaha. Albano is one of the nicest guys here. If you don't want to take the advice, don't ask..

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
it always cracks me up when people ask for info, get exactly what they are looking for, then dismiss it as opinion because it doesn't fall in line with what they were hoping to hear. If you want someone to just tell you what you want to hear, call your mother.

loneracer05

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
Common guys he's askinng for opinions rather then flame on him y not explain to him y things r how they .mabe give him an alternative to his idea? U shudnt put coke cans iin a reef eithe but I've seen that successfully done sevral times....

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
it always cracks me up when people ask for info, get exactly what they are looking for, then dismiss it as opinion because it doesn't fall in line with what they were hoping to hear. If you want someone to just tell you what you want to hear, call your mother.

You must not have grown up with Tiger Mom =P

Albano gave him a good starting point. I don't see what Albano did wrong, i mean he could have been nicer about it but he did need more research that he should have been doign already. If he did he would have known there was a PH/alkalinity problem and instead of asking ....

My question is:
do you think a big piece of driftwood would fall apart with the salt water?

thanks
Mike

...ask about a good sealer for the wood because there is a PH problem. Because that problem in a tank with coral is more important than if its going to fall apart over time.

People are too touchy sometimes. Welcome to NY where old ladies curse you out for being too slow.

The aluminum can thing was done by Paul B, who knew exactly how the aluminum would react in saltwater, what it did to the coral and fish in the tank, and took appropriate action to prevent that by doing research, not posting asking for people to answer him then getting mad that he didn't get the answer he wanted the way he wanted. If F22 isn't going to go that mile to create some vision of a tank he see's then maybe he shouldn't be doing it.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
"they were right," surely "they" will tell you driftwood is fine. Let me ask you something; that driftwood that you see floating in marshes unrotted, how long does it not rot for?

708353ktyzp004l8.gif

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Did anyone read F22's profile? He claims he has been in the hobby for 15 years, and has a maintenance company! I feel bad for his "clients" as he seems rude and clueless.

Sent from my iPod touch using Reefs, so please excuse typos and shortness.

The rook

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: