Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i agree with you 100% but the ozone breaks down into o2 in half a second so even if the tube magically lifts up out of the tank it wont effect me because im not breathing the actual o3 molecule and its only 100mg/h they sell 600mg/h air purifiers that just blow ozone in the air so if they have those then 6x less wouldn't really kill me. also the reekeeper turns off the ozone is if it is above 390 mv and if the switch fails which it shouldn't because of the high quality these power strips are made of. then it probably wouldnt really hurt the tank anyway because in the 3 months i had it on it only reached 390mv twice. its always at like 350-380.
What is with you and the thread hijacking, you keep mentioning this phosphate question...
FYI... I wrote to our resident Chemist and asked him to answer that post - so you can get ACCURATE information about why adding a simple ion to our tanks won't get rid of phosphate issues - OR everyone would be doing it - don't you think? :)
...and if you sincerely wanted an accurate answer you should have posted the question in the CHEMISTRY Forum where people who understand Chemistry the best would have seen it instead of General Discussion where you gave it a 7 hour window to be seen. Unfortunately not everyone who visits here is on during a 7 hour period. You'd posted you prior phosphate question in the proper forum, not sure why you erred when you posted that last one..
(no need to re-post, as mentioned he will answer it when he visits us again soon)

In regard to your comments about Ozone. No, his RK would NOT know when there is an issue with the Ozone that the MEMBER might be breathing in as it is EXTREMELY doubtful that he will have a probe examining the AIR in whatever room his tank is in.

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What I really try to point out is that some of us are so mechanically oriented. Sure we can say oh yeah it's a filter it filters...ok sure it's a skimmer it skims. But wouldn't you want to find out what happens chemically? Maybe it's just me because I love chemistry, but still I think it would be good to know.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: