jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
How can a coral receive this title of tyree or le. Are these reefers like u or I and how does 1 get appointed such a title in other words who's to say someone can't come out with there own line of corals for example FF aka faviafreak or someone else for that matter with a nice collection of corals can people chimme in

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
folks usually send Mr.Tyree frags of corals they think could be nice and than Tyree evaluates them over time to see how they do in captivity, do they hold their colors? Do they grow? things like that and if he likes the coral enough he will make it a LE coral on his website. Same goes for Jason Fox, he has built this reputation up to the point where his name has become a brand name, it's all marketing and exposure.

Essentially, if you come across a new coral that nobody else has seen and it is pretty special than you could market it and get it known, put your name on it and see if it takes off in popularity. Problem is most corals that come in are held by a select few people (ie. vendors) that get to cherry pick them, as for wholesalers etc. not all them care about LE or Tyree too much imo

Last edited:

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
well sayed buddy
folks usually send Mr.Tyree frags of corals they think could be nice and than Tyree evaluates them over time to see how they do in captivity, do they hold their colors? Do they grow? things like that and if he likes the coral enough he will make it a LE coral on his website. Same goes for Jason Fox, he has built this reputation up to the point where his name has become a brand name, it's all marketing and exposure.

Essentially, if you come across a new coral that nobody else has seen and it is pretty special than you could market it and get it known, put your name on it and see if it takes off in popularity. Problem is most corals that come in are held by a select few people (ie. vendors) that get to cherry pick them, as for wholesalers etc. not all them care about LE or Tyree too much imo

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0

Kevin you hit it right on the head....

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Thanks kevin well put key is marketing yourself. The more people start to hear your name the more your corals become sought after. I guess mike polletta falls into that catagory also like jason fox makes sense now I thought pe were initials for someones name

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
man i should have put Noob markers on all my zoa's, never understood the LE limited edition. thats for something produced and only so many made, sure the ocean has more then a few of everything, and personally i refuse to buy something that has jason fox or any other persons name branded to it for corals. same stuff without there name is a 1/4 the price, and who has a title with the corals that is supposed from any of them, atleast from Dr foster and smith you get a certificate with their corals

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: