420Reefer

Nature is Awesome
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
this is my first anemone and clown fish experience. I have a green bubble tip and i just bought a Tank Bred Ocellaris Clown fish. DO they host the anemone right away or does it take time. Mine has been in for about a day and has not even gone by it.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
the only clowns I owned that took to a bubble was a maroon clown.
my oclearious are 9 years old and they host a sebae anemone.
and there are 2 bubble tips in the same tank.
hopefully your clowns will host the bubble tip

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
a very wise man once told me that you can put the clowns in a wonton soup container and place them on the anemone with holes in the container of cousre and they will get used to it, although i dont remember how long he said but i dont think a few hours could hurt much.

only thing clowns can host are parasites:lol_large..as for the bta hosting the clown, it depends on the individual clown..sometimes they'll go right to it sometimes it'll take a few months and sometimes they'll never be interested. i've seen clowns hosted by powerheads, rocks, even a patch of gha in some tanks. it really depends on the individual though.

some have expressed success in putting a picture next to a clown/nem relationship next to the tank so it can get the idea :biglaugh: but i think thats just luck lol. good luck with it, but i hope you you'll still be happy with your purchases should your clown decide to hang out near a corner all day

aquascaper82

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 82.4%
14   3   0
a very wise man once told me that you can put the clowns in a wonton soup container and place them on the anemone with holes in the container of cousre and they will get used to it, although i dont remember how long he said but i dont think a few hours could hurt much.

hmm that's a pretty good idea... but my BTA is attached to a rock... so should I try to take him off and put it in the container? I don't wanna hurt it... plus i don't really like touching it cuz it sticks to my hand =(

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
It takes time and patients.... Try putting food directly in the anem for about a few weeks. It will eventually find it comfy and start living in it.

Took me about 3 weeks or so. - it takes time. I dont like removing the anem when its on the rocks because it seems to stress it. But thats based on my experience.

ed51802

hvac-r tech
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I had a sand anemone in my tank with a pair of occ clowns they didn't even look at it. As soon as I added a carpet nem they went right for it. Literally took it out of the bag and they were hostisng it.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Reefs

ramz28

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yea i have 2 tank raised black percs, and 2 weeks later i bought a sebae anemone and put it in. Before the anemone an attach the clowns were in it.
kPfRLewAJVEQ0AAAAASUVORK5CYII%3D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: