I got 1 Kole tang.

I want to get yellow tang.
Is it true u can't have just 2 of them? that you need to have 3 in the tank
for them to have peace?

thanks

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
While I wouldn't put a yellow tang in a 75 because it's way too small for them, the aggression part of the question is a little less definitive. One, the small size of the tank will usually serve to increase aggression since it shrinks the size of the territory the fish has to swim in and keeps any targets of that aggression from getting away. Two, wild animals will always do what they want and just because most yellow tangs can get nasty in a small tank with other tangs, doesn't mean that yours will but the chance is good they will. In this case I would err on the side of caution and look at other fish that would go in a 75 peacefully, because why create problems for yourself when there are many safer options.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Return the Kole Tang or sell it and buy a Yellow Tang instead. Kole Tangs are difficult to keep and Yellow Tangs are one of the hardiest if not the hardiest of the Tangs Imo. Kole Tangs starve very easily even if they appear to be grazing throughout the day. Adding a yellow tang will just make matters worse for him. You can add more than one tang to your tank but i personally would not buy or accept a Kole for free.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
He is in my 120 and if I could catch him I would give him away for free I am not ripping apart the whole tank to get him any tricks?
He beats the hell out of anything a put in the tank I hate him you got a spear gun?

Lol sale him then...thats your best bet...but wat size tank is he in rite now?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: