Edward86

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hey guys, I'm new to the hobby. I got a 57 gallon rimless tank, does anybody has a diagram for the plumbing? Thanks for the help.
6d081e6f.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that Pic is of ur system then it looks fairly simple looking at the pic the white bulkhead on the left is ur in or drain ( it should be 1") then ur skimmer chamber which u have it in the spot then ur return pump runs up to the returns if you have 2 returns which it looks like u do that looks like a deep blu rimless? Nice then you'll wanna split the return @ 2" or so above the return pump be sure to use a Y splitter you won't lose as much flow as with a T then run those 2 line in the overflow threw the bulkheads and your done few points to remember put a small hole in, or aim returns high enough so if power fails and return pump stops the system won't flood watch the water level carefully and even fake a power outage(unplug the pump) and watch the level doesn't get to high in the sump and adjust accordingly

Last edited:

Edward86

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If that Pic is of ur system then it looks fairly simple looking at the pic the white bulkhead on the left is ur in or drain ( it should be 1") then ur skimmer chamber which u have it in the spot then ur return pump runs up to the returns if you have 2 returns which it looks like u do that looks like a deep blu rimless? Nice then you'll wanna split the return @ 2" or so above the return pump be sure to use a Y splitter you won't lose as much flow as with a T then run those 2 line in the overflow threw the bulkheads and your done few points to remember put a small hole in, or aim returns high enough so if power fails and return pump stops the system won't flood watch the water level carefully and even fake a power outage(unplug the pump) and watch the level doesn't get to high in the sump and adjust accordingly
Thanks for the help, I'm gonna follow these steps

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah bro no prob also be sure to check that seals are water tight before u add salt water try with some tap also if you want there might be enough room in your sump for some cheato (micro/macro idk) with a fuge light and u have a refugium too it'll help reduce nitrate/phosphates on a reverse light cycle helps keep ph up at night while display is dark. Good luck remember in reefing patience is king

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
it doesnt need to be in the 9" of depth, with being a down draft style of skimmer, it does have a gate valve to adjust it, skimmer was ran in that sump with no issue's,

ed all you do is connect the drain pipe to the pvc on the drain side of sump, the return pump goes in the area i showed you and the line runs straight back to the return part on the over flow

Edward86

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
it doesnt need to be in the 9" of depth, with being a down draft style of skimmer, it does have a gate valve to adjust it, skimmer was ran in that sump with no issue's,

ed all you do is connect the drain pipe to the pvc on the drain side of sump, the return pump goes in the area i showed you and the line runs straight back to the return part on the over flow

Thanks Rick, I'm running to home depot later on to get the supplies. I got a better understanding now of how to do it. Thanks for all the help everybody

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: