• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have a awesome hermit crab for someone with a fish only / live rock tank. I've had this guy since he was a little crab, now he's a monster. he will eat from your hand, i really like him, but i can't keep him because I've started to add coral to my new tank. He's living in my sump now with a bunch of live rock and I want him to have a better home. he's a hard worker, he cleaned every piece of crushed coral in my old tank and kept the bottom free of algae. He must go to a good home, he's used to a 55g. I don't have a pic of him, but this is one that looks like him, and some info about him. I also have a 4" bristle worm for someone's fuge. it could be your lucky day!
pcommonhermitcrab4ba.jpg

"The Common Hermit Crab has hairy red legs and unequal-sized claws (the left one is larger) which it will use to catch food. It lives inside empty gastropod shells and will attain a maximum body size of approximately 4 inches.
The Common Hermit Crab is not safe for a reef aquarium because it will eat tube worms, mollusks, and fish. It will also eat algae. In a community tank, however, it will keep the sand sifted with its constant search for food. It is best to keep just one specimen per tank, since it is aggressive towards other Hermit Crabs. As the Hermit Crab grows, it will need larger shells to inhabit. It is most active at night. It is a very hardy animal, and an interesting addition to an aquarium.
If there is insufficient algae, the diet should be supplemented with dried seaweed, tablet foods, and earthworms."

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: