• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Hi guys and gals, I wanted to buy a tank for the reef aquarium I am trying to setup (First Time)..Anyone know where can I get one for a decent price? Or better what is the price range do these usually see for.

Mantis806

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
buy the biggest reef ready tank you can! and welcome to the site, and the hobby. have you been on reefcentral.com yet? lots of good research can be done there. i personally like the advancedaquarist.com articles too. let us know if you need any help. see you around.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Thanks mantis, I been there for the past 2 weeks just researching and researching. Reading articles, posts, and ideas..

I know I should get the largest tank I can, but money and space is currently not enabling me to do that. I think a 55-75 gals is a good beginner tank don't you think?

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
dont do 55 gal i dont know about anyone but the tank sucks BIG time its so narrow you cant aquascape nicely at all and i would even consider a small tank by the way the size is distributed...imagine living in a narrow hallway....errrrr not mee

Mantis806

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i have a 65, it's great. but honestly, i really wish i had the 4' instead of 3'. but i guess all of us are always trying to get longer tanks for all those many tangs that we're all keep right? haha, i'm just kidding but i honestly think you should go with the 75 just b/c of the extra length.

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I am in the store for one too!
Cheapest that I have seen them is at JCAquatics.

Can anyone/anywhere do better than this on pricing?

"Oceanic Systems makes a 75gal reef ready with 3/8" glass on the sides and 1/2" on the bottom. I don't stock tanks, I order them as they are paid for, but can get one within a day or two of payment. This tank is available in a black oak, light oak, or cherry oak finish. Please let me know if you needed prices on stands, canopies, or the glass top too.
75gal rr tank with megaflow accessory kit- $260+tax
Thanks,
Cindy
JC Aquatics"

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
FastUNO, that would be great but for $260 that is a little high for me. I am look for something more affordable. If I am gonna get the 75 gal, then i think i get the jebo 225watt light fixture for $80 on ebay.. And I can build a crapy stand from some wood.. hahah..

Thanks for the link Mantis and Joseney.. Greatly appreciated.. I gave them PM and see if it work out. If not I guess I have to go and spend the $110 on the 75 gal..

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Originally posted by carpediem212:
Fishtown USA in Flushing, Queens has 75 gal tanks with metal stands for $110. It is a worth while investment.
Damn, I brought almost new 75 gal for $130, but two hole were drill on the top corners. You should have let me know earlier :D

Thanks everyone.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: