• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have an emperor (H. procerus) seahorse that I am trying to find a home for. I posted in the Freebie thread, but didn't find any qualified homes!

Anyway, he (or she; I can't tell) is healthy, about 4 inches long, is captive bred, eats frozen mysis. I've had him in an 11 gallon tank since 2003. No major problems.

He's in my office tank in Flushing.

PM me if interested and you have some experience and a suitable tank.

Andy

sgurba

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sea Horse

Hi,, I would love to take the sea horse off your hands.. I have a 54 gal tank, running for a while and he/she would fit right in.

The tank is beautiful, I have not had a fish yet die, if you are worried, don't be.
let me know and I can even pick up this Saturday

scott 917-287-0502

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
This is for the experienced. Domboski would be the man for this one...

Thanks Ray. I actually removed myself from consideration and was encouraging Andy to keep the seahorse. They only live 3-5 years and he has had this one about 5. Moving the seahorse now may just bring on undue stress.

If you do decide to move the seahorse on, I'd recommend contacting asianer. He has the perfect setup for this little guy with a pair of reidi's. I would pick it up for him if it worked out between you two.

Thanks for getting back to me Andy and good luck.

Dom

Last edited:

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Considering the species and the age, keeping this seahorse in a tank larger than 10 - 15 gallons would become quite a chore. You would need to watch and make sure it eats its fill and 3 times a day no less. In a smaller species specific tank it is not so challenging. It is also not going to survive off of pods as many believe.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Thanks for the look and the recommendation Dom, that means a lot coming from someone like you!
Andy, great job on keeping the horse for this long - 5 years is quite a long time. Unfortunately, as much as I would love to have this seahorse I also agree with Dom, plus I wouldn't want to risk crossing pathogens between your emperor and my reidis. Good luck keeping him or finding him a good home! ~Andrew

Thanks Ray. I actually removed myself from consideration and was encouraging Andy to keep the seahorse. They only live 3-5 years and he has had this one about 5. Moving the seahorse now may just bring on undue stress.

If you do decide to move the seahorse on, I'd recommend contacting asianer. He has the perfect setup for this little guy with a pair of reidi's. I would pick it up for him if it worked out between you two.

Thanks for getting back to me Andy and good luck.

Dom

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Hi,, I would love to take the sea horse off your hands.. I have a 54 gal tank, running for a while and he/she would fit right in.

The tank is beautiful, I have not had a fish yet die, if you are worried, don't be.
let me know and I can even pick up this Saturday

scott 917-287-0502

You blew it. The tank is probably too big. But the real problem is you have other fish. A horse has no chance with other fish in the tank. But if you want more info on seahorses try seahorse.org.

mray

?
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Hey, I'm not here for the seahorse but I think it's great that you are making sure the future home of your seahorse is a good one. Best of luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: