Pimentinha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Hi everyone.

As the title says, my SPS are dying on me.

It all starts by lack of PE, development of brown algae on the tips following by STN...

I have seen STN starting from both the top and from the bottom of the colony.

I'm at loss... I'm very careful with my display tank.
I do have LPS and I like to feed them, but all my basic levels are where they should be, including nitrates an phosphates, both at 0.

Calcium- 420
Magnesium - around 1300
Dkh- 8 ( I am trying to bring it up a bit)

Temperature has been a pain to deal with. Right now sits at 79.7 but it topped 83 this past few weeks.

I am going to do a water change either today or tmrw. I will get more readings after that.

I have 2 jebao's wp 40's on my display, (120 gallons, 5 ft long)

I'm thinking that the culprit are my lights...

I have 2 maxspect razor 27" 160watts 16.000k.

The reason I say this is because I have moved some of the smaller frags into my frag tank and they are all brown but still hanging in there.

Is it really too much light killing them? I used to have my whites at around 70% and have since lower them to 60% gradually... But no change.

If anyone has a PAR Meter in the area that I could borrow I would really really appreciate it...

Not good pics but hope it helps...

ge4y3a4e.jpg

ve9e2u6a.jpg
http://

img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/21/gaquga4e.jpg

Pimentinha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I agree with you. I have an API test kit. However, I don't trust API that much so I took a sample to my local fish store and they tested my Phosphates with a Red Sea test kit. Same results...

Sps have been dying for the past 3 to 4 weeks I'd say. Some frags went first... Now the colonies...

fireshark02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
You're better off starting low then high but that's just my opinion. I tried increasing my leds too fast and the samething happened to me but my phos was also a little high since I changed my filtration system and my phos went up a little and now its back down

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: