MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Red Robin stag and Tyree Rouge milli... I have both for many years and when I first got them they encrusted well then went dormant. They would color up and show signs of growth and then go dormant again like cycling. It drives me crazy because there are no real significant changes in water quality, lighting or flow. There must be a fine sweet spot that they like, but any long term SPS keeper can attest to its very difficult to maintain exact water quality numbers. There are always slight fluctuations within that acceptable range to keep them.

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Tyree pink lemonade it has encrusted for about 8 months and just recently started to shoot up its branching and growing tall but know that it started, its growing like beast!

JBNY

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tyree Purple Monster & True Oregon Tort.
I have both of these pieces now but have had them multiple times in the past 10 years. They grow ever so slowly and then go south on me after 6+ months or so.

Those two are slow growers for me too. The PM I never give it enough time, as after 6 months some other coral has taken over the area and my PM never does well. The Oregon tort grows slow, but for me it's a least a steady slow and it eventually turn into a nice piece. The PM is so slow I just stop careing about it after a while.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My first Pearlberry took off well under T5. After Sandy took it. Just got a new one and not yet doing anything. My Red and Green planet are slow but I find them need strong current they do better.
Warren, I believe you gave me which looks like Purple Monster. Never was to sure,but when she started to grow I never had a problem with her my biggest SPS. She is my easiest loves high up with strong flow. Most of your SPS are doing great. You introduced those amazing sticks and made me an addicted to SPS.
Mike, you told me I should try coral and you are the blame here too. Thanks guys...

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
When I got my walt disney frag it was so tiny and expensive that I was worried sick over it growing. It seemed like forever before it grew but maybe because I was watching it like a hawk. Now however I have a nice little mini colony starting to form - finally! :)

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Mike that brings up a good point how long will u leave a coral that appears dormant in same spot b4 risking moving it?
I'll leave it in a spot for a few months and if I don't see any signs of growth color etc... I'll try and move it higher/lower more flow etc.. Just becareful raising it because of bleaching.....but you have seen my tank it's very difficult to move a single piece around so I'll do things in groups
Sorry Pat it's an addiction

Last edited:

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When I got my walt disney frag it was so tiny and expensive that I was worried sick over it growing. It seemed like forever before it grew but maybe because I was watching it like a hawk. Now however I have a nice little mini colony starting to form - finally! :)

I hate when they gave you a tiny frag. Almost 90% of losing it. Than super slow growth if it makes it. A good solid year I bet for it to show growth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: