• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
OK. So I added some live rock about 3=4 days ago.
My params are as folows
Amonia .25
Nitrite .25
Nitrate 0
PH 8.2
No Diatom at all yet.
Does this seem strange that params are getting so low so quickly? I assumed they would go up a bit after adding the live rock, or at least have some sort of diatom with params at the point that they are.
Help me out here people.
BTW. I am running skimmer, carbo and phos in reactors. Dont know if this would make a difference.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
OK. So I added some live rock about 3=4 days ago.
My params are as folows
Amonia .25
Nitrite .25
Nitrate 0
PH 8.2
No Diatom at all yet.
Does this seem strange that params are getting so low so quickly? I assumed they would go up a bit after adding the live rock, or at least have some sort of diatom with params at the point that they are.
Help me out here people.
BTW. I am running skimmer, carbo and phos in reactors. Dont know if this would make a difference.

This sounds right...The live rock did what it was supposed to do. Looks like it had enough bacteria to eat up your ammonia..

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
So it's been about four weeks and the cycle is over. So here it is so far.
Right now I am running a 10000k MH and 2 current actinic t5's
Christmas morning I will be running A Pheonix 14000k MH 2x ATI blue+ and 2x Geissman actinic+..... So I am Excited about that..... Thanks Santa

10000k YUCHKK

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Look great... I'm expecting my 70G today for delivery .. I will start a thread on it soon again goodluck with the tank...:biggrin:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
coming soon. I am having a bit of a bacterial bloom at the moment, Tank is a little cloudy right now. Also going to clean uo the crime scene inside the stand. It's getting a little embarassing at this point.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Look great... I'm expecting my 70G today for delivery .. I will start a thread on it soon again goodluck with the tank...:biggrin:
I'm looking frorward to your build. If I knew cadlights did such a nice job, I would have gone for a bigger tank.
Next Upgrade I guess. LOL

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have not posted an update because I wound up going through a bacterial bloom starting christmas day. Tank is still cloudy.
But yes I am stocking it.
So far.
SA Vivid clownfish Pair
6 line wasse, eating mysis like a pig.
Falco Hawkfish
Yellow eye kole tang
Fire Shrimp
2x Emerald crabs.
Clean up crew
All corals from last tank and some Straightjiggy lps Dynomyyyyte.
Also wound up getting a new light. The MH/T5 had a t5 ballast issue. I originally thought it was the bulbs causing the flickering but with new bulbs it was the same. Moonlights were also out. So it was either start strapping mods all over the fixture and fixing the balast. I opted to go LED.
I bought an 18" Acan 600 series fixture.
The fixture is very bright. I am at 50% white-70% blue and it is about as bright as the 150 MH. I briefly put it on 100-100%. VERY BRIGHT. I just wish my water was clear.
Clear or not I wil post some pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Thank Awi. Sweetness has always been one of your many strong points. You are a doll.
Hope all is going well after your bad luck.
P.S. did you get the new stand yet?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: