• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
nice! I'm impressed by how few fish you have for a 400 gallon tank.

when my tangs get too big can they come live with you? :)

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
jhale said:
nice! I'm impressed by how few fish you have for a 400 gallon tank.

when my tangs get too big can they come live with you? :)

Yes. But you have to pay child support or should I say fish support.

The reason why I don't have a lot of fish is b/c I am very picky when it comes to buying fish. Once I put them in the tank, it is impossible for me to catch them. So I take my time and buy responsibly.

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
scarf_ace1981 said:
if i had a tank that size there would definately be a recliner right in front of it. shoot as big as i am i can go snorkling in that thing.

This is where I sit and the view of the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 80

Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Regal - looking great!!

The 2 Lyretail Anthias you have both look like they are males. The one in the first shot with out a doubt is and the second one looks to be a female to male morph. You can tell because the males have the spots on their fins and the females don't. Also the females are orange in color, once they start to turn purplish they are changing from female to male.

Its best to have a single male in a tank with lots of females but in your size tank it most likely wont be a problem. You may see some aggression in the future and one of them might be killed off but if you get some females for them it might curb the aggression.

Anyway, here are pics of my male and one of my females for you to get a better understanding of the difference between the two.

Male Lyretail Anthias
maleAnthias.jpg

Female Lyretail Anthias
femaleAnthias.jpg

Oh and sorry if this is stuff you already know, just thought I would provide some info as Lyretail's are one of the most aggressive Anthias towards each other.

-Chris

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
regal once again i must say your tank is definately a beauty. great fish. it's great watching all these videos, i feel like i'm watching the discovery channel.

p.s. move that viewing chair about six feet closer. haha

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: