• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Tanks good , no new pics but its been doing good , just stocking it, i just got a few clams and i got some nice frags from richies reef and i got a few others who donated some stuff to my new tank and its good but no cycle at all and i have added a few new fish, a royal gramma , a neon goby, and a pair of firefish which only one remains lol but so far so good i just got a nice piece of rock my good friend kenny gave me and its curing in a bucket so once i put that in im done with rock work

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Tanks good , no new pics but its been doing good , just stocking it, i just got a few clams and i got some nice frags from richies reef and i got a few others who donated some stuff to my new tank and its good but no cycle at all and i have added a few new fish, a royal gramma , a neon goby, and a pair of firefish which only one remains lol but so far so good i just got a nice piece of rock my good friend kenny gave me and its curing in a bucket so once i put that in im done with rock work
+ mushrooms he got from me. Wait, no - he hasn't collected them yet lol!

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

Yay on no cycle...you really had me worried on that one...when I set up my very first tank and it leaked a few months later and I had to transfer everything over there was another cycle and a lost a bunch of stuff...you got lucky man! I'm really glad to hear it's going good though. Damn firefish and rimless tanks...surprised you haven't made a cover yet...which defeats the purpose of rimless...that's why I stuck with the standard 40B...my son wants firefish...just gonna cut egg crate to cover it. Take pics and post them!! You were really excited about that build...show it off!

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
dont use eggcrate those lil fishies will still get out through one of those squares. use the window screen with the netting ;)

Got it Mr. Scoots...will do...he balled his eyes out losing his first one...can't let it happen again...Mommy can't take having her baby disappointed again either. You'll see when you have lil' baby Scoots reefers running around...lol...:biglaugh:

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Yeah im looking for a nice fine pond netting to make a hood out of , but this firefish stays toward the bottom hanging by the clams and sand , but my royal gramma got into it with my bi colored bkenny and decided he would leave and lucky for me i was leaving for work and i. Oticed him on the floor and i put his ass back and he learned a lesson that morning lol

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yeah im looking for a nice fine pond netting to make a hood out of , but this firefish stays toward the bottom hanging by the clams and sand , but my royal gramma got into it with my bi colored bkenny and decided he would leave and lucky for me i was leaving for work and i. Oticed him on the floor and i put his ass back and he learned a lesson that morning lol

Yeah...you really taught him...:fishhit: lol Home depot has the netting. There's a writeup on it in D.I.Y. just wanted to take the easy route b/c I thought egg crate would work and since I already had a extra piece laying around.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Got the deep blue 40B drilled from the bottom, overflow box made & siliconed in yesterday, back of tank painted/dried and filled for water test today before I left for work...fingers crossed...so far so good...have to pick up a few things to finish the plumbing down to the sump if I get off early enough tonight...

Sending a special thanks out to a few reefer friend's that helped...can't thank them enough...seriously awesome people that are the shiz! :) Even though 1 of them teased me for going slow and steady with the drilling of the tank...lol...I've had enough cracked tanks...this was only my second time drilling so I don't mind having my chops busted for being careful!

Oh and some old man walked in as I was cutting the teeth into the acrylic for the overflow with the router and says "You're handling a router like that?" smh Then I caught a lecture from him about not wearing safety glasses...lmao "Leemelone" smdh

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: